Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Panama hat pano

Panama hat pano

This is the Towy valley near where I live. It was flooded the other day after heavy rains and a high tide. I actually managed to get up before 10:00 in the morning. This one is a six shot pano stitched in CS5. Canon 50D with 24-105L.

The stiched shot is 10,000px wide. here is a version at 1500px wide http://www.flickr.com/photos/carregw...n/photostream/

Panama hat pano

Why Panama Pano? See that car at the bottom - it's mine. here it is at 400%.
    Panama hat pano

BW image of the view the other side

Panama hat pano

Real Name
    Mike Bareham

Re: Panama hat pano

It looks a little muddy underfoot !! Beautiful countryside and well documented, which is no surprise.

Why Panama
    Rob, I sincerely hope you are going to tell me that John Sergeant left that hat in your car. You are in danger of passing the point of no return. Mark my works its a short stroll to trousers that fasten under your armpits and M&S blazers.....they are surely not Laura Ashley cushions I see nestled on the back seat? You will be trading that mountain bike in for a Raleigh Shopper next. (Sturmey-Archer 3 speed is a doddle after a Shimano 24 speed)

Anyway car interior design by Laurence Llewelyn-Bowen aside. I am really impressed with these pano's you are producing. This is something I wouldn't mind having a go at myself. I suspect given my idyllic location I may have to think carefully about trying to get the Chemical Works, the oil refinery and the abatoir all in one shot...actually that could be interesting

Steve

Real Name
    Dave Humphries :)

Hi Rob,

I agree with Steve and Mike, you're getting good at these!

The link only took me to a 1024px version though.

Was the pano shot with camera in a vertical/portrait orientation?

Cheers,

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Humphries View Post
    The link only took me to a 1024px version though.

Was the pano shot with camera in a vertical/portrait orientation?
    That's strange. When I click on the link I get the 1500px version. Can't figure that one. The shots were done in portrait mode and hand-held. I never find it necessary to use a tripod for these, which always rather amazes me that they match up so well.

I did a second version. I thought the greens looked a little too yellow, and I made the sky darker using the grad tool in CS5/ACR. BTW, that shadow at the bottom is Dryslwyn castle - I was standing at the top of it to get a view, and the sun was directly behind me.

Panama hat pano

Real Name
    Wendy

The other side is stunning.

Wendy

Real Name
    Remco

I also only get the 1000px version on flickr. Might it be that the larger version is only for members or the owner?

Even in such a small ( ) size it's a spectacular image!

I hope they are smarter in Wales than around here, where they allowed construction in such areas... (yes, homes); we had some heavy rainfall a week ago, about 200-300 mm (or 8-12 inches) in 48h, and quite a few houses got inundated(?).

Remco

Edit: I get this link for the image:
    http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4087/...2662acca_b.jpg
    and it gets displayed with a flickr header and size options up to 1024 px.

The image you posted in the Mini comp #112 I get to see in 1500 wide, but no header or choice for smaller sizes...
    Last edited by revi; 14th September 2010 at 10:20 AM. Reason: added reference to MC114 and link used

Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

Pano - Okay!

B & W of the other side - Brilliant.