Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Stag

Real Name
    John

Re: Stag

Well captured Maurice. What makes it for me is the inclusion of the ancient tree in the BG. The two do seem to belong together. Not too bothered by the branches on the ground. They were after all there , but I do prefer the tighter crop.

Real Name
    Maurice

Quote Originally Posted by joebranko View Post
    Very nice shot!
    Joe, thanks.
    Maurice.

Real Name
    Maurice

Quote Originally Posted by rpcrowe View Post
    Absolutely beautiful...
    Richard, thanks.
    Maurice.

Real Name
    Maurice

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowman View Post
    Nicely done.
    John, thanks.
    Maurice.

Real Name
    Maurice

Quote Originally Posted by Hans View Post
    He's fantastic.
    Yep that darn log!
    Nicely timed with the bark. And the light was perfect for wildlife in that little pocket of the forest.
    It must have been intensely exciting, the kind of excitement that makes me forget all about the rules and just, "Whoa... click click click!"
    Regards,
    Pete
    Pete, you are right, exciting and click, click and more clicks.
    Thanks, Maurice.

Real Name
    Maurice

Quote Originally Posted by zen View Post
    Obviously related to the American Rocky Mountain elk. Almost identical body and antler shape, except for the color. The elk being lighter, more of a tan body, with an almost ecru rump. Antler tines also very similar in shape and number, but lighter in color.

Nice shot, and one that takes patience waiting for the "old man of the forest" to pose.

Thanks for sharing.

Zen
    Zen, thanks for information. A little patience and lot of clicks.
    Maurice.

Real Name
    Maurice

Quote Originally Posted by Chrisclick View Post
    Hi Maurice, nice shot.

As people have commented on the unfortunate inclusion of the fallen limb/log behind his antlers, I hope you don't mind that I had a try at removing the offending bits.

This only takes a few minutes. Whether or not it is an improvement, will be up to the viewer.

You can swap between versions in Lytebox for direct comparison.

Stag
    Chris, that is one piece of work. You make it sound easy but I do think so. It is a vast improvement, A very well done.
    Chris, how do I swap between my shot and lytebox.
    Thanks for feed back.
    Maurice.

Real Name
    Maurice

Quote Originally Posted by IzzieK View Post
    Excellent edit, Chris...!!! I like it the first time because of the exposure, no issue about that, but I would have thought it will be quite a job just removing the offending log there. You make it looked so easy...Anyone who is going to complain better go back to bed...
    Izzie, I have to agree, it cannot be easy to remove log. +10 for Chris. Thanks for comments.
    Maurice.

Real Name
    Maurice

Quote Originally Posted by John 2 View Post
    Well captured Maurice. What makes it for me is the inclusion of the ancient tree in the BG. The two do seem to belong together. Not too bothered by the branches on the ground. They were after all there , but I do prefer the tighter crop.
    John 2, not sure about tighter crop. Like to show some background. Thanks for comments.
    Maurice.

Real Name
    Binnur

It is a very nice image Maurice and Chris 's edit improved the image a lot You can click on the image and use the arrows to swap between the images

Real Name
    Dave Humphries :)

Hi Maurice,

how do I swap between my shot and lytebox.
    LyteBox is the name of the feature here at CiC which makes the web page go darker and (usually) expands an image to be viewed larger when you mouse click on it. If there is more than one image in the page view of the thread, you can step forward and backwards between the images using left and right arrow keys.

As Binnur says, just mouse click on Chris's edited version, then use the left arrow key to see yours, right arrow key to see his again. Alternate left right arrow keys to swap between them repeatedly. If you click too many times in one direction, you'll go 'off the end' and the LyteBox closes - just mouse click on an image again to re-open it.

Dave

Chris; cracking clone job!
    Last edited by Dave Humphries; 19th October 2016 at 06:34 PM.

Real Name
    Maurice

Quote Originally Posted by bnnrcn View Post
    It is a very nice image Maurice and Chris 's edit improved the image a lot You can click on the image and use the arrows to swap between the images
    Binnur, thanks for comments. You are right about Chris's edit. Also thanks for explaining how lytebox works.
    Maurice.

Real Name
    Maurice

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Humphries View Post
    Hi Maurice,

LyteBox is the name of the feature here at CiC which makes the web page go darker and (usually) expands an image to be viewed larger when you mouse click on it. If there is more than one image in the page view of the thread, you can step forward and backwards between the images using left and right arrow keys.

As Binnur says, just mouse click on Chris's edited version, then use the left arrow key to see yours, right arrow key to see his again. Alternate left right arrow keys to swap between them repeatedly. If you click too many times in one direction, you'll go 'off the end' and the LyteBox closes - just mouse click on an image again to re-open it.

Dave

Chris; cracking clone job!
    Dave, thanks for explaining how lytebox works. I agree Chris's edit great work. Thanks again for comments and help.
    Maurice.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12