Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Nik software problems wit PS CC

Real Name
    John

Nik software problems wit PS CC

I'm experiencing difficulty using the Nik collection with Photoshop CC. I'm not suffering the main problem that has had some exposure on the internet. The software locates and happily loads into PS CC. However although the filters (sharpening/noise reduction) work as they should, the presets e.g. Silver Efex/ Colour Efex etc. only load up sporadically. Mostly they seem to freeze just as the preview screen is developing as an image begins to load. Occasionally however, they work normally. The same problem doesn't occur in CS6 which I still have active. No amount of re installing the software helps even with fresh download from Google. Grateful for any input particularly if someone has solved this issue already.

Real Name
    Robin

Re: Nik software problems wit PS CC

Can't help other than to say I've been using them with CC for well over a year without any issues.

I know they tend to be RAM hungry so do you monitor it and how close to maxing out is it with CC running and the Nik suite?

Real Name
    John

Thanks for the reply Robin. RAM shouldn't be a problem. When I rebuilt the machine, I increased the RAM to 32GB. I think I might risk an e-mail to Google although their reputation precedes them. Other than that, I guess I can continue to use it with CS6.

Real Name
    Robin

Daft and wild stab in the dar question - are you running the very latest build of CC?

Real Name
    John

Good thought Robin but it seems to be up to date according to Adobe's update check. Thanks for your continued thoughts though.