Thread: Image dimensions when opening an image from Bridge into camera raw then PS.

Real Name
    Denise.

Image dimensions when opening an image from Bridge into camera raw then PS.

My images uploaded from my Nikon 7100 into bridge(PS CC ) are generally around 6000 pixels by 4000 and 14 x16 inches in size.When I open an image into Camera Raw ....any image JPEG or NEF .... it becomes 400x267 pixels and 2x3 inches approximately! Those dimensions remain when opened into photoshop.
    The image in camera raw also opens at 300 percent and is very pixelated. I am pretty sure images uses to open at about 50 percent but mostly fill the screen. I am able to downsize this but it reverts back to 300% every time I open a new image. This seems to have only just happened also . Can anyone shed some light on why this has all happened or what I might be doing that I didn't do before. In the past I have had to reduce images via "image Size" in PS to download onto the web . Now the images are tiny and not enough pixels to do anything with! I have been searching and searching for an answer. I would be so grateful if some light could be shed on this.I have screen shots of an image in Bridge then in camera raw but I am unable to work out how to insert them here!

http://s9.tinypic.com/b4u80i_th.jpg

http://s9.tinypic.com/2ed9gtz_th.jpg

MOD FIX:

Last edited by Dave Humphries; 16th October 2016 at 08:36 AM. Reason: made images bigger - Denise can see the difference now in link types

Real Name
    Robin

re: Image dimensions when opening an image from Bridge into camera raw then PS.

It is possible the defaults in ACR have been altered or become corrupted.

When you open a file there is a size bar along the bottom of ACR - click on it and this screen appears - make sure the image size is default (24mp for your camera) and hasn't been changed...

Real Name
    Denise.

Robin, Robin , Robin!!! You wonderful man. Such a quick reply and voila... problem solved. Cant thank you enough. xxx

Real Name
    Dave Humphries :)

Thanks Robin,

Thanks Denise,

Dave