Chesterfield, Missouri/Melbourne, Australia
    Real Name
    Izzie

Re: Paisley

Very pretty...less than a year old?

Real Name
    Dave Humphries :)

Very pretty Mark, she reminds me of mine.

Nice enhancement of the eyes.

You haven't asked for critique, but I can see you have put some effort in to the lighting, so I'll take a punt and offer some thoughts.

The crop feels a little cramped and cutting at the wrist like that isn't usually wise - however, I suspect there were reasons for it being so.

I mentioned the lighting, my observations are;
    a) nice soft shadow under the headband, but oddly, quite a hard one under her chin.
    b) the catch lights suggest to me a soft box (?) front-centre above the subject, but also a bit of on-camera axis fill from a small source.
    c) Having considered the above factors again, if I were to make a wild guess, I'd suspect the balance between the soft light source and the (hard) on-camera flash was biassed too much to the latter. I know how easy it is to lose track of these things when shooting grand-daughters. If you're interested; I have the best of a few different shoots of my grand-daughter here for a scan through - if you're really interested, there are threads here explaining the story behind each session and my learning curve shooting babies and more recently using flash, I can provide some links to those if you'd find it helpful.

Unfortunately, I cannot see any EXIF data to allow more accurate analysis, so I'll stop short of even more wild guesswork.

They grow up so quick, do keeping taking pictures.

All the best, Dave

Real Name
    Maurice

Great image, love them blue eyes.

Thanks for the Critique, I was a little undecided just how far to crop, I could have pulled out a little more, It was one of those spur of the moment when she was playing Peek a boo behind the couch, on camera flash bounced, For some reason her eye's never come out as blue as they are so I enhanced them a bit, heres what the original looked like,Paisley

Real Name
    Richard

Paisley has beautiful eyes but, they are somewhat deep set which causes a shadow when the light is bounced off the ceiling.

I wonder if you used any reflector to throw a bit of the bounce light into Paisley's face and fill in the shadows around her eyes. Some flash units have built-in white reflector cards, while even a white business card taped to the rear of the flash tube can add to the eyes. I even once used my hand behind the flash tube. It worked but I would not recommend that as a practice.

I generally use a Joe Demb Flash Diffuser Professional (www.dembflashproducts.com).

However, there are two very inexpensive accessories generally available on eBay that I have tested out and which work quite well. Either can be used on virtually any hotshoe type flash unit.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Universal-Fl...0AAOSw3KFWdYAa
    This unit pumps a lot of light forward. The unit stores easily if flattened.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/YB-Flash-Dif.../381698447348?
    I have purchased several of #2 variety and given then to some of our foster volunteers to help them shoot better rescue dog portraits. This unit has both a silver side (which gives a more specular fill) and a white side (which gives a more diffused fill). This unit is completely flat and stores very easily.