Thread: YouTube Videos On 7D Mark II

Real Name
    Richard

YouTube Videos On 7D Mark II

I generally run hot and cold on YouTube videos. Some are excellent and some are absolutely horrible. The worst, IMO, are done by some dunce who has just received the piece of equipment he is reporting on and is so dim that he must look at the piece of gear to read the name.

OTOH... some videos are really quite good. Grant Atkinson a South African wildlife photographer has a series on the Canon 7D Mark II that are really quite good.

Here is a link to one of his videos. If you enjoy it, you can find his others from this one...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pYFMVnCDqig

Real Name
    John

Re: YouTube Videos On 7D Mark II

Or how about the ones where they force you to watch them open the box, its not Christmas and we're not your parents; its not cute.
    Or the even worse behavior where they wait until the camera is turned on to take a gulp of their coffee or eat their doughnut, save it for the blooper reel please.

Chesterfield, Missouri/Melbourne, Australia
    Real Name
    Izzie

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowman View Post
    Or how about the ones where they force you to watch them open the box, its not Christmas and we're not your parents; its not cute.
    Or the even worse behavior where they wait until the camera is turned on to take a gulp of their coffee or eat their doughnut, save it for the blooper reel please.
    Thanks for the morning laugh, John...your comment will carry me through smiling all day...

Real Name
    Richard

How about this box opening...

"I'm gonna open this (pause while the dude reads the label on the box) Canon (pause again) 7D (err) Mark 2"

Real Name
    John

Quote Originally Posted by rpcrowe View Post
    How about this box opening...

"I'm gonna open this (pause while the dude reads the label on the box) Canon (pause again) 7D (err) Mark 2"
    And expresses amazement at the packaging.

Real Name
    Dave Humphries :)

I generally run hot and cold on YouTube videos. Some are excellent and some are absolutely horrible.
    I quite agree and I watch a lot on YouTube.

Perhaps I'm biassed by a career in professional/broadcast TV, but in addition to the above, those 'Review' YouTubers that don't seem to understand the concept of 'rehearsal' annoy me. Richard and John have already given a couple of examples of behaviours we don't need to see or hear in a review.

They should either do a rehearsal (camera off), or do it to a recording camera, but ditch that take and do it a second time to avoid at least 50% of the bloopers. They obviously take no pride in their output.

I exclude Vlogging from my criticism above, that's just the nature of the beast and, especially if subsequently edited well, can be entertaining.

A review should not be treated as a vlog, people watch them to gain information, not the 'idiosyncrasies' of the person in front of the camera.

'Grumpy old man' signing off, Dave