Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Post production/Lightroom

Real Name
    Paresh

Post production/Lightroom

Hi - I'm a beginner, learning each day. I currently use free editors that seem well done & easy to use - Fotor & Pixlr. Am I missing something by not upgrading to Lightroom or Photoshop Elements? I also use
    Windows Photo Gallary as an organizer but don't like that as well. Thanks.

Real Name
    Dan

re: Post production/Lightroom

You'll know when you need something else. As long as you can make the edits that you want you're fine. Or if what you use is too labor intensive for you. But early on that can be a good thing. Soldier on!

Real Name
    Paresh

Thanks dan.

Real Name
    John

Start uploading some images and I'm sure part of the critique will describe certain editing tools/scenarios and if your current software lacks those features and if you think it's important enough to make those changes; then you'll know. I was content with a basic editor for years and then I started experimenting and pushing my camera to its limits and found I needed a bit more to make a satisfying image.

Real Name
    Richard

Re: Post production/Lightroom

Lightroom is available as a download for a trial run: http://prodesigntools.com/adobe-ligh...oad-links.html

Photoshop Elements is also available as a free trial: https://www.adobe.com/products/photo...trial/try.html

OnOne RAW is coming out soon and "could be" a viable alternate to either or both of the above (scroll down to learn about it): https://www.on1.com/products/photo-raw/?v=2

Real Name
    Pete

Hey Paresh,
    It would depend on what you are shooting.
    I just do family stuff, some stuff for school and maybe for the local bike club with the odd portrait session in there infrequently. I mostly just need simple adjustments that all platforms can do. If I really need a fix, photoshop is handy, but I'm still more inclined to bin it than fix it. If you did go that way you'd have to be prepared for the time to ride the learning curve. If I did landscapes professionally or marketing images I'd probably 'need' photoshop. So, no you probably don't need it, but you might want it one day 🤔

Cheers,

Real Name
    wm c boyer

You don't mention your computer/monitor capabilities...are they up to task?