Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0
Results 1 to 12 of 12

Thread: Japanese garden

  1. #1

    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    le Mans France
    Posts
    367
    Real Name
    Thierry

    Japanese garden

    One of the few pictures that I did to Japan in June

    Good review

    Thierry

    Japanese garden

  2. #2
    Peter Ryan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    1,971
    Real Name
    Peter

    Re: Japanese garden

    Hi Thierry,

    For me there is not enough in this. The huge expanse of green foliage is all I see.

    I think the shot is somewhere around that interesting tree on the left just over the bridge. There also appears to be some additional colour in leaves and flowers over there as well.

  3. #3

    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    le Mans France
    Posts
    367
    Real Name
    Thierry

    Re: Japanese garden

    Quote Originally Posted by Peter Ryan View Post
    Hi Thierry,

    For me there is not enough in this. The huge expanse of green foliage is all I see.

    I think the shot is somewhere around that interesting tree on the left just over the bridge. There also appears to be some additional colour in leaves and flowers over there as well.
    Hi Peter,

    the fact to exhibit a picture means that we are open to accept remarks even ones meaning that the pictures as to be trashed, but we are not obliged to share them

  4. #4

    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    le Mans France
    Posts
    367
    Real Name
    Thierry

    Re: Japanese garden

    Hi Peter

    this second picture will be perhaps more convenient for you

    Japanese garden

  5. #5
    Peter Ryan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    1,971
    Real Name
    Peter

    Re: Japanese garden

    Quote Originally Posted by tb72 View Post
    Hi Peter

    this second picture will be perhaps more convenient for you

    Japanese garden
    Hi Thierry,

    I do like this one better. The colours in the leaves are more vibrant, the plants form a diagonal line across the image that draws me in and allows me to explore what you saw.

    I do like Japanese gardens. They have great structure and so much going on in them.

  6. #6

    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    le Mans France
    Posts
    367
    Real Name
    Thierry

    Re: Japanese garden

    thanks Peter for this second review

  7. #7
    wilgk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Victoria Australia
    Posts
    2,408
    Real Name
    Kay

    Re: Japanese garden

    The second one looks alive! Thierry - Well done

  8. #8

    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    le Mans France
    Posts
    367
    Real Name
    Thierry

    Re: Japanese garden

    Quote Originally Posted by wilgk View Post
    The second one looks alive! Thierry - Well done
    thanks Kay

  9. #9

    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    South Devon, UK
    Posts
    11,264

    Re: Japanese garden

    Yes, but I think the first photo captures the essence of a Japanese garden. If it was possible, I would have liked to see just a little bit more water and a little bit less of the tree tops.

    But not substantially different from what you already have there. And, in an ideal world, the figures on the bridge would have been wearing kimonos!

  10. #10

    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    le Mans France
    Posts
    367
    Real Name
    Thierry

    Re: Japanese garden

    Quote Originally Posted by Geoff F View Post
    Yes, but I think the first photo captures the essence of a Japanese garden. If it was possible, I would have liked to see just a little bit more water and a little bit less of the tree tops.

    But not substantially different from what you already have there. And, in an ideal world, the figures on the bridge would have been wearing kimonos!
    Thanks for your comment geoff, when I will be back home tonight, I will try to prepare a second cropped version matching your suggestion

  11. #11
    triggerhappy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Manila, PH
    Posts
    95
    Real Name
    Mark

    Re: Japanese garden

    wow..nice.

    I think this those pictures are from Shinjuku Central Park. Right?
    If I'm not mistaken some of the trees around the pond are Cherry trees which bloom around April to May.
    I've seen cherry trees blooms and it was very beautiful. You should see it also.

    Mark

  12. #12

    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    le Mans France
    Posts
    367
    Real Name
    Thierry

    Re: Japanese garden

    Thanks for your review of the post Mark. You are right that's shinjuku. A wonderful place that i would like to visit with cherry trees blooms

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •