Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Alternatives to Lowepro Sliplock accessories?

Real Name
    Matthew

Alternatives to Lowepro Sliplock accessories?

Some Lowepro photo backpacks have an "accessory system" which allows extra pouches and cases to be attached via a strap called "Sliplock"

I'm wondering if anyone has come across any generic or cheaper accessory pouches/cases which have a similar mount?

The sliplock accessories are rather pricey and I'm on a tight budget right now so I'm looking for something affordable that will still work with my lowepro backpack.

For reference this is the bag I have: https://amzn.com/B001H37NJA

And here is an example of a sliplock accessory pouch: https://amzn.com/B004KJE8GO (on this one if you look at the 3rd photo on the left side you will see the sliplock attachment)

Thanks

Real Name
    Robin

Re: Alternatives to Lowepro Sliplock accessories?

Look at accessories from outdoor brands as many use a similar system for attaching stuff to the waist belts of rucksacks - you might even find things from the Lowe Alpine arm of the company are less expensive than from the Lowe Pro section as walkers are not always as easy to fleece as photographers.

northern Virginia suburb of Washington, DC

Maybe the Tamrac accessories will work. They don't have fancy sliplocks, so I'm guessing they're less expensive but don't really know. Instead, they use a system of sturdy Velcro that slips over and around anything and then reattaches to itself. I use them all the time, whether attached to my camera bag or to my belt in my pants.

Real Name
    Matthew

Robin, Mike, thank you both for your replies. I will take a look at those options.

I've been searching Amazon.com for various accessory cases. It's not always easy to see the details of the strap attachment in the photos they provide. One brand is "Clik Elite" which has the velcro like Mike mentioned, and an extra velcro tab that comes back up from the bottom to really ensure it doesn't come undone. Just one possible option among many.

Thanks again