Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: When the Sun Sets

Real Name
    Wendy

When the Sun Sets

Look to the east, even if you are just in the parking lot at the grocery store

When the Sun Sets

Wendy

Real Name
    Steve

Re: When the Sun Sets

It is interesting Wendy, all sorts of thoughts going through my head. We have flats like that in my street but not quite as high, just a few floors.

Real Name
    Mike Bareham

I think you get full marks for turning away from the sunset to spot this shot Wendy and I love the warm colours on the buildings.
    The only thing that troubles me (overstatement!!) is the position of the street lamp. Obviously we have no idea as to the constraints you were working under but I find it obtrusive in the overall composition. Did you get wet?
    Mike

Real Name
    Wendy

Thanks Mike and Arith. This shot is really just about the light. I was coming from the grocery store and the light and the sky was just amazing. I had the camera in the trunk, so I got it out and took this shot. I didn't take a lot of time to compose, as my groceries were still in the cart by the car. To me it's kind of an example of anything looking good if the light is right.

I like the street light but it probably is badly positioned. I liked the way they glowed against the dark sky. When I got the groceries in the car I walked around and took some more shots trying to feature the lamps, but I only had a 14-45mm lens. It had been dull and dreary all day, if I had known we were going to have a light show, I would have been out in the country somewhere. I didn't get wet though, the rain held off.

Wendy

Real Name
    Kay

I actually really like the street lamp - it makes me think of what the place will look like in the dark - my eye sees the lovely sun on the buildings, yet my mind has a sense of foreboding about night coming on and the street lamp gives me that.......

I know I know! - strange mind I have , but great shot Wendy

Real Name
    Wendy

Thanks Kay, from one strange mind to the other, you put it into words better than I could though.

Wendy

Real Name
    Pops

You all probably know by now that I love sunsets. I always look to the East first, as that one lasts a very much shorter time than the one to the West. Still, I have turned for taking some sunsets which I thought were very nice and said "WOW," looking East.

Pops