Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Play Time

Play Time

Well, I have been banned from the dressing up box, the sand pit, the trampoline, the cat, sharp objects and the knicker drawer....but I was allowed to play with some old polystyrene packing and my marbles.

Play Time

Play Time

Play Time

Play Time

I couldn't make my mindup bween these two so I post both for your deliberation

Play Time

Play Time

Real Name
    John

Re: Play Time

Good stuff Steve, sorry to here about your many banishments. On your last shot, did you run a laser across the surface?

Very good, Steve. Glad to see you are back in 'weird' mode. I think #5 should be called "Fisherman at the ice-hole" And #1 could be "Eye-balls"

Real Name
    Remco

Very interesting photos.

Nice to see a negative again (haven't seen one of those in way too long )

Remco

Real Name
    Kay

Very nice series Steve - the david Bowie inspired #1 is a favourite

Real Name
    Kit, aka Slimtla

Quote Originally Posted by Wirefox View Post
    Well, I have been banned from the dressing up box, the sand pit, the trampoline, the cat, sharp objects and the knicker drawer....but I was allowed to play with some old polystyrene packing and my marbles.

I couldn't make my mindup bween these two so I post both for your deliberation

Play Time
    For some reason, this makes me think of a polar bear poised at the edge of a hole in an ice floe, waiting for a hapless seal. It is my preference too, which makes me wonder about my mental state.

On your last shot, did you run a laser across the surface?
    No, but I see what you mean. I fired a diffused flash at ground level to get that long shadow. I tried it on flag stones with the sun earlier but whilst I got a nice coloured reflection It did not give the effect I wanted

Play Time

Very good, Steve. Glad to see you are back in 'weird' mode. I think #5 should be called "Fisherman at the ice-hole" And #1 could be "Eye-balls"
    Cheers Rob, I can definitely see the ice association. No 5 was "Rushing to the Brink" in my head.

Nice to see a negative again (haven't seen one of those in way too long
    Inverting colours works on so few images. I think I may have just got away with this one.

Very nice series Steve - the david Bowie inspired #1 is a favourite
    I never thought of that. Now you have got me singing Jean Genie in my head. I grew up on that song. It is guaranteed to transport me straight back to the seventies
    For some reason, this makes me think of a polar bear poised at the edge of a hole in an ice floe, waiting for a hapless seal. It is my preference too, which makes me wonder about my mental state.
    You are on the same wave length as Rob. Perhaps he would send you a sample of whatever medication he is on this week. Actually if my images stimulate the imagination I have succeeded in my goal

Steve