Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I really need some help please.

Real Name
    Manfred Mueller

Re: I really need some help please.

As the profile was causing the problem, this is a data corruption problem. Data corruption tends to be due to a disk issue. If you start seeing other disk issues, you may find that your disk is failing and needs to be replaced.

I would suggest you rebuild your profile with the ColorMunki and switch to it.

Real Name
    John

I have a similar problem with certain software. My monitor is calibrated with an XYZ LUT. The software I used to install it suggested that two of the colour channels should be swapped over because maybe historically some software doesn't use it correctly. If used correctly the software should check which colour channel is which and not assume that they are in specific order.

All is ok on my system other than Firefox so if I view images with that the colours are entirely incorrect. This is what may be going on in your case. Something is interpreting the monitor profile incorrectly or using the wrong one. To help get round this sort of problem my profile is installed system wide so if some package doesn't use colour management it is still managed.

The application I use is called DispCalGui. That may tell you what you have and where it is but I don't think it supports monitors that have in built calibration. What I suspect is happening is that the system is using one profile and you editor another. I assume Lightroom does have a section for choosing profiles and if it keeps them where windows does you might find the correct one there.

You might like to try DispCalGui. Daft name but it's a very comprehensive package for calibrating monitors. It will install system wide and also tell you where it put it and allows easy swapping if that needed. A full run with it on a monitor though can take 1/2 hr plus. It also might not offer the type of profile you are currently using. Not sure I haven't updated mine for a long time and there was some discussion about a particular type of profile.

John
    -

Real Name
    Dave

Thanks, I will try installing ColorMunki again and re-profile. If it still messes up the display then I may try what John suggested or get new software.

Dave

Real Name
    André

Dave

In the process of investigating a display problem that I had with LR5 last month I discovered from an Adobe Expert that Lightroom needs the V2 version of icm profiles and does not like the V4 version. If ColorMinki offers a choice of version, make sure that you select the matrix based V2. Hope this helps.

André

Real Name
    Dave

Thanks Andre. This morning I re-installed the ColorMonki software but this time when it said there was a newer version I didn't let it update to that version. This seemed to work because the software seems to be OK now even after I calibrated my monitor.

Dave

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12