Thread: Natural Light Resources

Real Name
    Janis

Natural Light Resources

Am reading an excellent little ebook on lighting portraits with natural light that is available for free from Rocky Nook press. It is a chapter from a book by Roberto Valenzeula. You can find it here.

(I stumbled on it when I went to the site looking for the ebook on transitioning from Aperture/Lightroom to Capture One, which is also free.)

I've also learned a few things from this little tutorial on light that was written for animators, but which uses photographic examples.

Real Name
    André

Re: Natural Light Resources

Quote Originally Posted by purplehaze View Post
    Am reading an excellent little ebook on lighting portraits with natural light that is available for free from Rocky Nook press. It is a chapter from a book by Roberto Valenzeula. You can find it here.

(I stumbled on it when I went to the site looking for the ebook on transitioning from Aperture/Lightroom to Capture One, which is also free.)

I've also learned a few things from this little tutorial on light that was written for animators, but which uses photographic examples.
    Thanks Janis.
    The book is really good and will make a great addition to my library.
    André

Real Name
    Greg

Thanks Janis, that tutorial is interesting, too.

Real Name
    Richard

Thanks Janis... It is mind boggling, how much information is available on the web free of charge in this era additionally, the virtually free shooting and editing of digital imagery gives photographers a wonderful opportunity to practice and experiment. I contrast this plethora of information and ability to shoot a gazillion images at no charge against the general sparceness of information available and the relatively high cost (especially for a teen aged kid) when I started in photography around 1954 (wow - well over a half century ago)

OTOH - professional photographers had an advantage in those days since the competition was far smaller

Real Name
    Binnur

Thanks Janis