Thread: Trio (Street category)- C&C are welcome

Real Name
    Tejal

Trio (Street category)- C&C are welcome

Kindly share your C&C for my below image.

Regards,

Tejal

Trio (Street category)-  C&C are welcomeIMG_7532 as Smart Object-1 by Tejal Imagination, on Flickr

Real Name
    Binnur

Re: Trio (Street category)- C&C are welcome

Nice image Tejal

Real Name
    Tejal

Quote Originally Posted by bnnrcn View Post
    Nice image Tejal
    Thank you Binnur

Real Name
    Maurice

Tejal, nice shot, good capture, makes me smile.

Real Name
    Tejal

Quote Originally Posted by madcrow View Post
    Tejal, nice shot, good capture, makes me smile.
    he he he... Thank you

Real Name
    John

Nicely done, a bit gritty; was the graininess applied or the results of the shooting conditions?

Real Name
    Tejal

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowman View Post
    Nicely done, a bit gritty; was the graininess applied or the results of the shooting conditions?
    I noticed that. ISO is 125 only (i think) but it could be because i have cropped quite a lot ( I have taken 1/3 part of a horizontal shot).

Real Name
    Greg

Quote Originally Posted by Tejal View Post
    I noticed that. [...] ( I have taken 1/3 part of a horizontal shot).
    Canon xxxD = poor on noise.

Nevertheless, nice composition, Tejal. I think the conformation of the man's arm makes this shot.

Real Name
    Tejal

Quote Originally Posted by FootLoose View Post
    Canon xxxD = poor on noise.

Nevertheless, nice composition, Tejal. I think the conformation of the man's arm makes this shot.
    Thank you Greg for your comment. Yeah that's why I gave title trio

Real Name
    William (call me Bill)

Kindly share your C&C for my below image.
    The angle and contortion of the man's arm mimicing the camel's neck is quirky and really adds to the shot: it's a clever eye which sees that.

Well done.

I noticed that [gritty/grainy] ISO is 125 only (i think) but it could be because i have cropped quite a lot ( I have taken 1/3 part of a horizontal shot).
    Yes, ISO125.

EXIF - here:
    EOS 1100D EF-S18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS II @ 34.0 mm
    F/4.5 @ 1/320s @ ISO125

I expect that you cropped toward the edge of the horizontal image, because there appears to be evidence of moderate to severe Chromatic Aberration and also Veiling Flare.

Quote Originally Posted by FootLoose View Post
    Canon xxxD = poor on noise. . .
    Whilst the EOS 1100D is not the best EOS camera for using at high ISO’s it will perform very good to excellent at ISO400, especially if the exposure is accurate.

Some (underlying) technical issues are exacerbated in this image because only 1/3 of the image canvas is used.

I think that the Photographer did not have a clear vision of the Final Image at the point of capture. Perhaps she had no finite composition in mind; which often happens.

One method of addressing the situation when we have a mental void concerning Final Vision of our image is to use the advantage of having a Zoom Lens.

This image was made at FL 34mm using an 18 to 55 zoom lens and the result was then cropped, scrapping 66% of the image – probably it would have been better for the Photographer to have experimented with maybe six compositions, two each using Focal Lengths: 18mm; 35mm; and 55 mm.

Another technical issue is the lens was used wide open – there seems no need for that.

The Kit Lens is very sharp at F/7.1 to F/11 and noting that the Shutter Speed, which was set at 1/320s, would typically be fast enough to arrest any Subject Movement, there was adequate scope to stop down to near F/8 and bump the ISO to ensure a much sharper image with much less CA and Veiling Flare.

WW
    Last edited by William W; 23rd August 2016 at 02:00 PM.

Real Name
    Dean

Nice capture, Tejal!

Real Name
    Tejal

Thank you very much .

Quote Originally Posted by William W View Post

I expect that you cropped toward the edge of the horizontal image, because there appears to be evidence of moderate to severe Chromatic Aberration and also Veiling Flare.

---- Yes it was cropped towards left (extreme left). CA correction, I missed to do .

Whilst the EOS 1100D is not the best EOS camera for using at high ISO’s it will perform very good to excellent at ISO400, especially if the exposure is accurate. --- yes higher ISO gives lot of grains and correction makes the image smooth, so doesn't work.

Some (underlying) technical issues are exacerbated in this image because only 1/3 of the image canvas is used. --- Agree

I think that the Photographer did not have a clear vision of the Final Image at the point of capture. Perhaps she had no finite composition in mind; which often happens. --- . you are right on this. I had the vision of taking the camels and the human having same shape, but when i started processing, i realized that huge boy part of camel is not contributing much in the story, so I removed that.

This image was made at FL 34mm using an 18 to 55 zoom lens and the result was then cropped, scrapping 66% of the image – probably it would have been better for the Photographer to have experimented with maybe six compositions, two each using Focal Lengths: 18mm; 35mm; and 55 mm. ----- Noted

Another technical issue is the lens was used wide open – there seems no need for that. --- yeah i should have checked it. When i am out to shoot street, i keep the F/ 8 to 10. But it seems i missed it doing some other adjustments.

The Kit Lens is very sharp at F/7.1 to F/11 and noting that the Shutter Speed, which was set at 1/320s, would typically be fast enough to arrest any Subject Movement, there was adequate scope to stop down to near F/8 and bump the ISO to ensure a much sharper image with much less CA and Veiling Flare. ---- Many thanks for your valuable guidance.

WW

Real Name
    Tejal

Quote Originally Posted by DEAN01 View Post
    Nice capture, Tejal!
    thank you

Real Name
    William (call me Bill)

I think that the Photographer did not have a clear vision of the Final Image at the point of capture. Perhaps she had no finite composition in mind; which often happens. --- . you are right on this. I had the vision of taking the camels and the human having same shape, but when i started processing, i realized that huge boy part of camel is not contributing much in the story, so I removed that.

This image was made at FL 34mm using an 18 to 55 zoom lens and the result was then cropped, scrapping 66% of the image – probably it would have been better for the Photographer to have experimented with maybe six compositions, two each using Focal Lengths: 18mm; 35mm; and 55 mm. ----- Noted
    I thought of this conversation when I posted this response today:

- have a look at Post #15 and in my comments look at screen shot of the three rows of my proofs . . .

Rows 2 and Row 3 is an example of my NOT knowing what I wanted in the Final Image - so I made the shots in Row 2 with the telephoto end of the lens and the shots in Row 3 with the W/A end of the lens.

WW

Real Name
    Tejal

I thought of this conversation when I posted this response today:

- have a look at Post #15 and in my comments look at screen shot of the three rows of my proofs . . .

Rows 2 and Row 3 is an example of my NOT knowing what I wanted in the Final Image - so I made the shots in Row 2 with the telephoto end of the lens and the shots in Row 3 with the W/A end of the lens.

WW
    Thank you William for your reply.

Which comment you are referring to, sorry, I couldn't get it.

Real Name
    William (call me Bill)

. . . Which comment you are referring to, sorry, I couldn't get it.
    Bold and underlined here:

Here are three examples of my Exposure Brackets in a similar lighting scenario to your image; in each case the first exposure is my estimate.
    Then is Bracket is:
    Row 1: -⅔ +⅔
    Row 2: +⅔ -1
    Row 3: +⅔ +1⅓

Trio (Street category)-  C&C are welcome

Note that whilst I had the camera set tor AEB for the shots in Row 1, I did NOT use “AEB” (AUTO Exposure Bracketing) for the shots in rows 2 and 3.
    The reason was because I was unsure of what I wanted to do with the final image (particularly how MUCH foreground shadow with lack of detail, to use as a frame for the image – I was really unsure of what I wanted to do and so I used two different framing, using the same Camera Vantage Point, but using different Focal Lengths.
    WW

Real Name
    Tejal

Bold and underlined here:

WW
    Oh... Got it. I have never tried this before, but i think i should.

Many many thanks for this detailed reply. .