Thread: Unexpected Visitors

Real Name
    Richard

Unexpected Visitors

A good Samaritan came by our home about a half hour ago and said that she heard we help dogs. She had brought four dogs who had been in danger. They were living with a mentally unbalanced man who was threatening to kill hem. She talked him out of the dogs and brought them to us. We gave each of them a shot and fed them. We will groom them tomorrow and then, as always find homes for them.

It was quite a surprise. These are just the entry shots for two of them. I don't work hard at all for entry shots. I will shoot better shots tomorrow.

Unexpected Visitors

Unexpected Visitors

Real Name
    John

Re: Unexpected Visitors

Nice shots.

Real Name
    buy me a drink first.

Good for you Richard
    Cruelty to animals is one of those things that causes most people revulsion. I rescued an abused dog several years ago but I couldn't save her; she starved herself to death from trauma. Very sad.
    On a positive note, yesterday I saw two middle-aged ladies feeding stray cats who were hiding in the bushes beside an extremely busy artery road. Small kindnesses take so little effort, but can make the difference between life and death. I used to help feed the homeless in my hometown, making massive pots of soup and handing out donated sandwiches. It was very sobering. But active animal cruelty is a step up in barbarism. A stray cat can usually get by, but a dog without a family is a tragic thing. We have a few stray dogs around my apartment block and they can be seen roaming together in search of food. It might be a hard life, but if they have a pack, they have an identity and there seems to be enough human detritus for them to keep going.
    I wish you the best of luck in your future endaevours.

Real Name
    Richard

A little magic

Unexpected Visitors

Unexpected Visitors

Unexpected Visitors

Unexpected Visitors

Unexpected Visitors

Here are the two visitors after a little of Judy's TLC Magic

Real Name
    Bruce

Richard, in post #1 you say you give the dogs shots when they first arrive. You're obviously well prepared for unexpected arrivals. I'm curious what the initial shot is for.

Real Name
    Randy

Very nice photos, but more importantly, thank you and Judy for the work you do to find loving homes for such wonderful dogs.

Real Name
    mark

Quote Originally Posted by RandyRFJP View Post
    Very nice photos, but more importantly, thank you and Judy for the work you do to find loving homes for such wonderful dogs.
    I second this sentiment.