Thread: A boy flying a kite

Real Name
    Patryk

A boy flying a kite

Hi all,
    I am a bit nervous because I'm posting my photo for a first time.
    The story of a photo is quite simple. I went shooting and saw a youngster who was flying a kite. He caught my attention immediately because it's rather an extraordinary view nowadays. Children would rather play pokemon go
    He was standing on a hill so I decided to lay down in order to change the perspective.
    I regret that I didn't come closer to him.. What do you think? Should I change something using PS or just leave it just as it is?
    A boy flying a kitea boy with a kite by Giuseppe Russo, on Flickr

northern Virginia suburb of Washington, DC

Re: A boy flying a kite

Wonderful first post! If the photo was mine, I would probably crop on the left side to eliminate about half of the space in that area. Even so, your current composition doesn't both me. Special kudos for setting up the imaginary diagonal line between the boy and the kite and for the positioning of the kite with a solid blue background.

Real Name
    Simon

I think it works well Patryk, as Mike says I like the composition. I'm not saying this would necessarily improve it, but I might try toning down the saturation on the boy's top a little, and possibly try a slight dodge to the kite. Subtlety is key to these adjustments.

Welcome to CiC!

Looks fine to me, subject to Simon's comments.

I think you did the right thing with that camera angle which clearly shows the boy standing over the brow of a hill. The only real alternative would have been to show all of the boy including his feet and a bit of grass foreground, which could have worked but it would have been a different scene.

Real Name
    John

Nicely angled and exposed.

Real Name
    Bruce

Patryk, I like your composition of this photo.
    Welcome to CiC.

Bruce

Real Name
    Binnur

Welcome No need for further PP , nice composition.

Chesterfield, Missouri/Melbourne, Australia
    Real Name
    Izzie

What is there to be apprehensive about? You are not the first one who felt like this when you submitted your first image. Stage fright, that is what it is...it is normal. Your next image submission will not be a bad fright. You will be normal, like a pro. I like your image. Composition is great. I do not think it needs any correction at all, well something impossible to achieve now - feet of the boy should not have been cropped. I supposed you lied down too far to get all of him. Next time…and welcome to CiC.
    Last edited by Dave Humphries; 29th July 2016 at 01:44 PM. Reason: changed the ... and - to forum friendly ones