Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Windy Day in Brighton

Real Name
    Tommy

Windy Day in Brighton

Hi All,

I was down in Brighton last week and decided to test out my new ND Filter on the very rough and choppy sea.

I twas extremely windy and I do not have the sturdiest tripod in the world but kept snapping away, experimenting with different settings, trying to get as long a shutter speed as possible.

Anyways, here's my pick of a (bad) bunch!

I am quite pleased with the composition, but I had to do quite a bit of fiddling about in ACR as the original file was quite washed out. I am still new to Photography and Post-Processing so any constructive feedback is greatly welcomed.

Thanks

Edit: I edited it with your crop suggestion

Windy Day in Brighton
    Last edited by RockNGoalStar; 26th August 2010 at 02:18 PM.

Re: Windy Day in Brighton

Seems fine to me, Tommy. The exposure and colours are fine, and the ND (did you mean ND grad?) seems to have done it's job. Perhaps a little too much of the gravel beach - you could crop the bottom slightly so that the surf line goes exactly into the corner. That will also have the effect of lowering the natural horizon line more onto the thirds line. Nice.

Real Name
    Tommy

Re: Windy Day in Brighton

Thanks Rob

I just used a ND8 Filter, it's not a grad filter. I was experimenting with slower shutter speeds, but it was still quite bright at this time. I think this one was taken with 1/4 shutter speed.