Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Our Puppies and Growing...

Real Name
    Richard

Our Puppies and Growing...

These darling girls are two of our rescue puppies. They are five and a half weeks old and will go to their new homes in Mid-October. They have already been spoken for.

Tina's girl in lavender...

Tina's girl in red...

Real Name
    Wendy

Re: Our Puppies and Growing...

Seriously Richard, I don't know how these dogs end up needing to be rescued. I don't know why anyone would give them up in the first place.

I hope you send along prints or at least digital copies of your shots with the new owners. I'm not usually a fan of dressing up animals, but it suits these little ones, and your shots are priceless.

Wendy

Real Name
    Richard

Re: Our Puppies and Growing...

The mother of these pups, Tina Turner and her friend, Betty Boop were pregnant in a garage in Las Vegas that was filled with dogs. These two prospective mothers had no water or food and were skin and bones when we received them a few days before each gave birth. BTW: the temperature outside the garage was over 110 degrees farenheit (over 43.33 C.) and there was no airconditioning. The garage was filled with toy dogs of varying breeds. When animal control busted the low life who owned the place, they gave various breed rescue organizations first crack at rescuing the adults and what puppies were alive.

Our two Maltese moms and their puppies are living quite comfortably in our family room so that the puppies can be socialized. The moms, of course are not kept in the pens all day but, only at night and several times a day to feed their pups. The puppies are making the transition from nursing to puppy kibble very smoothly.

The pups really love people and, despite the horrific conditions in which Tina and Betty were living, these sweet girls are also friendly and loving.

I am not a fan of dressing up animals either. These little girls are wearing walking harnesses which were donated to our rescue activities by Taylor Designed Pet Products makers of Mr. Wags Walking harnesses for dogs:

We have these puppies in the various color harnesses (they sent us a gazillion different colors) so that prospective adopters can identify the puppies by indicating which color they are wearing.
    Last edited by rpcrowe; 26th August 2010 at 04:03 AM.