Thread: How do I sell my images??

Real Name
    wm c boyer

How do I sell my images??

How often have we seen this question asked...this is the most comprehensive book that I've seen written.
    .http://www.huffingtonpost.com/daniel..._10800300.html
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/16...f_rd_i=desktop

Real Name
    John

Re: How do I sell my images??

One of my past professors thought that every curriculum should require at least one marketing class so that students could sell themselves when looking for a job. I think one of the hardest decisions a photographer makes is "how much should they charge for their time or product?" Do you try to undersell the competition and overload yourself with too much work (provided your skills are worthy) or do you charge premiums and perhaps work less?

Real Name
    Jeff

Re: How do I sell my images??

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowman View Post
    ... Do you try to undersell the competition and overload yourself with too much work (provided your skills are worthy) or do you charge premiums and perhaps work less?
    I charge a premium price, use top quality pigments and materials, and choose to sell fewer pieces. I'm still working full time for a nonprofit and don't want to fill up my free time with photography sales. When I retire I'll probably continue the same approach, but spend more time with the photography. Trying to compete on price with all the low-price options in the marketplace just seems futile to me. Since I am not trying to build a career as a photographer, and simply want to supplement my income now and my retirement later, I am content to have fewer sales at premium prices.

Each person needs to decide what he or she wants to do and why. We're all different.