Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 2016 Project 52, 3rd quarter by Judith Noble (Urbanflyer) C & C desired always

Real Name
    Judith

Re: 2016 Project 52, 3rd quarter by Judith Noble (Urbanflyer) C & C desired always

Quote Originally Posted by Wavelength View Post
    Very well done !!!
    Thanks! Now I need to move on to the next Photoshop learning challenge!

Real Name
    John

Re: 2016 Project 52, 3rd quarter by Judith Noble (Urbanflyer) C & C desired always

Nice effort, looked like quite the challenge.

Real Name
    Binnur

Very nice and colorful image Judith

Quote Originally Posted by Urbanflyer View Post
    Week 27 --Three To Go

This is from a shoot in 2009. I feel like I am getting a lot more facile with Photoshop and appreciate the impetus from you all to do so! I have really been working on masking and workflow for masking.

Original Photo
    2016 Project 52, 3rd quarter by Judith Noble (Urbanflyer) C & C desired always

After Post Processing

Real Name
    Binnur

I think I prefer the original compositionally, but both are nice images

Week 28--Whither now?

Pretty basic post processing on this shot. Been a busy week!

Original

After Post processing

My grandson, who is almost 4, loves all things trains so this shot is really for him.

Chesterfield, Missouri/Melbourne, Australia
    Real Name
    Izzie

Thanks. I had googled Anthony Morganti and looked for the list/index of his YouTube videos and will take a gander there when I have time...at the moment I am in the middle of one of the basic course in photography. I feel I needed to go back to basic at the moment. The PHlearn videos was a recommendation of Simon (member here at CiC) and I go to Aaron when I needed something about Photoshop. He is my go-to instructor too and also one of the instructors of Creative Live which I love very much when it comes to courses...

Real Name
    Joe

The postprocessing adds a nice texture to the original, but as Binnur said the composition of the original seems better for some reason?😏
    I missed commenting on some of your shots so would like to rewind to your compostite of the bear. I think it was amazing you got the bear inside the forest!

Real Name
    Judith

Week 30--Montana morning

I am experimenting with the clarity slider in Photoshop CC.

Original photo

Image after post processing

Real Name
    Nandakumar

Nice inviting valleys....

Real Name
    John

Nicely done.

Real Name
    Judith

Thank you Nandkumar and John. It is a beautiful place!

Real Name
    Izzie

The clarity slider seems to make the skies a bit overpowering. Is that what you like? In a scenery like this, I pretty much like the softer version. It is a nice scene, mind you...just that the clarity slider makes everything seems harsh. Both have blue clippings in the histogram..

Real Name
    Judith

Quote Originally Posted by IzzieK View Post
    The clarity slider seems to make the skies a bit overpowering. Is that what you like? In a scenery like this, I pretty much like the softer version. It is a nice scene, mind you...just that the clarity slider makes everything seems harsh. Both have blue clippings in the histogram..
    Thanks for your comment. As I am new to using the clarity slider I was particularly interested in critique. I could have left the sky less powerful and liked it just as well. I will continue to experiment and am glad you are always willing to speak your mind!

Real Name
    Izzie

Thanks for your comment. As I am new to using the clarity slider I was particularly interested in critique. I could have left the sky less powerful and liked it just as well. I will continue to experiment and am glad you are always willing to speak your mind!
    Sorry I hope I did not offend you...I talk too much I think...the American way is rubbing on me too much courtesy of my husband. I will try to contain my strong opinion to myself. I promise...

Real Name
    Joe

I prefer the shot after processing. I might have used a little less of the slider. Without processing it's rather bland. But as Izzie pointed out its a question of personal preference

Real Name
    Judith

Quote Originally Posted by joebranko View Post
    I prefer the shot after processing. I might have used a little less of the slider. Without processing it's rather bland. But as Izzie pointed out its a question of personal preference
    Thanks, Joe. I will be playing with this a little more before moving on.

Real Name
    Judith

Quote Originally Posted by IzzieK View Post
    Sorry I hope I did not offend you...I talk too much I think...the American way is rubbing on me too much courtesy of my husband. I will try to contain my strong opinion to myself. I promise...
    No offense taken! I belong to another site where folks tend to just say how nice something is. That is ok but without a few more substantive comments I can't grow! Even if I disagree, it is good to hear all comments!

Somewhere between the two for me, Judith.

The edit has brought out a bit of noise in the clouds and the leaves are starting to look a bit 'over processed'.

My default position, starting with a Raw image in ACR, is Clarity and Vibrance at 20. Occasionally 30 for the Vibrance.

Real Name
    Judith

Thanks, Geoff!

Real Name
    Lindsay

Judith, whilst I appreciate that you are just trying out your clarity slider I think what is need is something more basic. Looking at the histogram for your shot it indicates to me that the black point and the white point levels a just a little off making the pic a but flat. All that is needed is to move the outer levels, i.e. black point and white points in to where the histogram curve starts to rise and this will bring out the contrast of light the shadows removing the slightly flat look that your pic has now. Hope that is not too confusing, but it is very simple when you try it on your histogram.

Real Name
    Judith

Quote Originally Posted by CormacD View Post
    Judith, whilst I appreciate that you are just trying out your clarity slider I think what is need is something more basic. Looking at the histogram for your shot it indicates to me that the black point and the white point levels a just a little off making the pic a but flat. All that is needed is to move the outer levels, i.e. black point and white points in to where the histogram curve starts to rise and this will bring out the contrast of light the shadows removing the slightly flat look that your pic has now. Hope that is not too confusing, but it is very simple when you try it on your histogram.
    Thanks for your thoughts!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast