Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Nikon D700: possible purchase.

Real Name
    Grahame

Re: Nikon D700: possible purchase.

Quote Originally Posted by GrumpyDiver View Post
    I like pushing my equipment to the limit and frankly my main issues with the older technology is simply that it doesn't have either the colour range, dynamic range or low noise performance. I did have a hard look at the D810 when it came out, but the improvements in performances versus the D800 were not as significant as what I saw with the D700 vs the D800.
    That I think sums it up. I still use an old D300 regularly but when it comes to having to push the limits the newer technology comes out of its bag.

Real Name
    Manfred Mueller

Steve - I think we have hit that slowdown in technological improvements. If I look at the relatively small image quality improvements between the current generation of cameras when compared to the previous generation. I think we will know that we are there when the pro model updates get out of their current three year update cycles. The Nikon F2 was on the market for 9 years.
    Last edited by Manfred M; 1st July 2016 at 03:01 AM.

Real Name
    buy me a drink first.

Hhmm, I dunno. Sony have really done great things in the past 2 or 3 years. The people I feel sorry for are all the good men and women working at Canon. It's such a shame to see a great company falling so far behind.

Real Name
    Manfred Mueller

Quote Originally Posted by Shanghai Steve View Post
    Hhmm, I dunno. Sony have really done great things in the past 2 or 3 years. The people I feel sorry for are all the good men and women working at Canon. It's such a shame to see a great company falling so far behind.
    I would have to agree about Sony. They've done some amazing work in the sensor department and have taken a refreshing step in the mirrorless direction. If I were just starting out, I might consider Sony, but the real issue for me is that they don't produce any shift/tilt lenses and the Schneider-Kreuznach or Hartblei (Zeiss) ones are too expensive for an amateur like me.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12