Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Reminiscences

Reminiscences

A couple of old tractor drivers discuss the 'good old days' at this year's Vintage Machinery Show.

Reminiscences

Just a quick snap without any 'thinking time' to make correct camera adjustments.

Real Name
    Myra

Re: Reminiscences

I like candids a lot. Did you get some nice shots of the machinery, too? Around here, a drive through the countryside will net you quite a few examples of vintage equipment. Love that kind of stuff.

Myra

Yes, Myra, I go to that show most years to take some 'vintage shots'. Although it can be difficult to get an authentic looking angle without any modern images in the background. And some of the younger drivers wear modern clothing, like baseball caps, which does spoil the atmosphere.

They do actually work the machinery in the next field and it is possible to get some authentic period looking images. I have a couple of images here B&W Conversion with Raw Therapee where we have been discussing methods of conversion to B&W.

And when I finish editing everything I will put it onto my P base site.

Real Name
    Wendy

Hi Geoff: When you get everything up on your P base site will you post a link. I'm going to a similar type show this weekend. I think so anyway, I don't really know too much about it except that it's old farm machinery and we are leaving at AM (yawn) and won't be home till all the displays are over. Hope I get a chance to see your shots before so I can get some ideas. I really don't know what to expect, I've never been before

Wendy

Real Name
    John

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff F View Post
    Yes, Myra, I go to that show most years to take some 'vintage shots'. Although it can be difficult to get an authentic looking angle without any modern images in the background. And some of the younger drivers wear modern clothing, like baseball caps, which does spoil the atmosphere.

They do actually work the machinery in the next field and it is possible to get some authentic period looking images. I have a couple of images here B&W Conversion with Raw Therapee where we have been discussing methods of conversion to B&W.

And when I finish editing everything I will put it onto my P base site.
    Reminds me of a Civil War reenactor chatting on a cellphone. I say when in character, stay in character.