Thread: Interesting Windows 10 Development - anyone feeling letigious.

Real Name
    John

Interesting Windows 10 Development - anyone feeling letigious.

Came across this today whilst browsing the news.

http://indiatoday.intoday.in/technol.../1/702565.html

Real Name
    buy me a drink first.

Re: Interesting Windows 10 Development - anyone feeling letigious.

Microsoft have always had a bottom-feeding reputation but now they are quite obviously engaged in an illegal, worldwide surveillance program for The US gvt. I have wanted to go onto Linux for a very long time but don't have the knowhow to do it. Still Windows 10 free....until the Stasi force me to update. I can just imagine, going through an airport scanner. "Er, excuse me sir, there seems to be a problem with your baaaag. Is this your laptop? Uh-huh. Are you aware that it does not run on Windows 10? Would you come with me please sir, we'll get everything sorted out in a jiffy.....thaaat's riiiight.....just this wa......

Real Name
    Robin

I can almost hear the tinfoil hats being fashioned

Real Name
    Peter

Saw this, and...

Interesting Windows 10 Development - anyone feeling letigious.

Real Name
    John

She'll sue for another $10,000 once Microsoft stops providing updates/support to the older software.

Real Name
    Richard

You can disable some spyware called "Customer Experience Improvement Program (CEIP)" by Opening Control Panel, click on "Action Center" icon and then click on "Change Action Center Settings".

Also they have very sneakily introduced a new spy service called "Connected User Experiences and Telemetry". To disable it type <Windows KEY><R> and type "services.msc" into the pop-up window and run it as Administrator. Find the offensive service in the list and double-click on it. Then click "Stop" and then disable it.

They will no doubt find a new way to infiltrate your PC and privacy. LINUX is starting to look good - and you can run most Windows based software in it.

PS. I used to be a MicroS**t fan boy but have become increasingly antagonistic towards them over the years as their arrogance, ignorance and hideous inefficient bloatware sucked the life out of my PC,

Real Name
    E. James

Haven't heard of the lawsuit but dropping it may have prevented a class action suit that can have far reaching consequences. Linex is an easy install. I use it in a virtual machine with free Oracle virtual machine software. Many Windows programs will run using Wine which is a Windows virtual box. So I have a virtual operation system within a virtual machine running under Windows 10. Linux works well also but won't run Adobe products to my knowledge. When all Adobe and Corel products run flawlessly with full bit-depth in Linux, Windows is finished.

Real Name
    Mark

'When all Adobe and Corel products run flawlessly with full bit-depth in Linux, Windows is finished.'

thats the bit i am waiting for