Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Merely Maddie - Help requested

Real Name
    Lew Lorton

Re: Merely Maddie - Help requested

Yes, I did look but can't find any that exemplify what you are talking about.
    Altho there must be a defect in the search engine - no picture threads show after 2014.

northern Virginia suburb of Washington, DC

You may not be aware that you can click a person's screen name, then click View Profile and then Show latest started threads. I'm not experiencing the issue with the search engine you mentioned. Maybe it will work for you now that a little time has passed.

Real Name
    Lew Lorton

Ah yes, I went through by clicking your name and found lots of them but nothing in 'people '

Real Name
    Binnur

Hi Kevin . I prefer your second version. A very beautiful young lady

Real Name
    Kevin

Thanks, Binnur

Real Name
    Kaye Leggett

I am going to stick a spanner in the works here...... I looked at these photos before reading all the techical commentary on PP. Your question was how to crop ?? I prefer the first crop and the reason is one of sexuality - your grandaughter is beautiful and innocent, but the second crop, in my opinion, is too suggestive and therefore not innocent and so does not fit your brief.

Real Name
    Bruce

Quote Originally Posted by Kaye Leggett View Post
    I am going to stick a spanner in the works here...... I looked at these photos before reading all the techical commentary on PP. Your question was how to crop ?? I prefer the first crop and the reason is one of sexuality - your grandaughter is beautiful and innocent, but the second crop, in my opinion, is too suggestive and therefore not innocent and so does not fit your brief.
    I agree with Kaye. This was my initial reaction on seeing the photo but decided not to say anything. Now that Kaye has raised the issue, I'll simply agree with her.

Thornhill, a suburb of Toronto, Ontario Canada
    Real Name
    Robert

Quote Originally Posted by Kaye Leggett View Post
    Really??????
    Suggestive in what way?
    I much prefer the first shot because it is cleaner, which is to say less cluttered than the second, but the addition of the stuff in the second is merely a distraction from the main subject. No matter how I study the second shot I can't for the life of me see anything that suggests a loss of innocence.
    I'd really like you to elaborate so I might try to understand what exactly you are talking about.
    Robert

Real Name
    Kevin

Thanks for the comments, folks. I was revisiting this thread after some travel time, and checked in to see if there where any further thoughts. Must say I was surprised at the concern with the possibility of the shots being "suggestive".

I am aware of the increasing "sexualization" of our cultures, and try to be as cognizant of it as is reasonable but I cannot think of anything less sexual than a 5 year old child preparing for her first ballet recital.

I appreciate the shared concern for each other's loved ones, but I cannot concede that it is warranted in this example.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12