Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: New to here, unfortunately pretty old to world.

Real Name
    Lew Lorton

New to here, unfortunately pretty old to world.

Although I registered here a while ago, I have just started posting after CinC was recommended. Your interface is very nice, the comments I've seen are friendly and the community seems to be what I am looking for.

I started shooting again, after a long layoff, in 1998 with a film P&S.

The old ferver caught hold and quickly escalated through entry level digital slr up through FF Nikon and the magic triplets. After a back-wrenching trip around Myanmar in 2013, I bought an Oly OMD and eventually sold my Nikon stuff.

The Olympus and 4 lenses are still here I but also shoot a Sony A7II when I don't have to carry it forever. (thinking of the new Sony A9 when tit shows up.)

Real Name
    John

Re: New to here, unfortunately pretty old to world.

Quote Originally Posted by thetraveler View Post
    Although I registered here a while ago, I have just started posting after CinC was recommended. Your interface is very nice, the comments I've seen are friendly and the community seems to be what I am looking for.

I started shooting again, after a long layoff, in 1998 with a film P&S.

The old ferver caught hold and quickly escalated through entry level digital slr up through FF Nikon and the magic triplets. After a back-wrenching trip around Myanmar in 2013, I bought an Oly OMD and eventually sold my Nikon stuff.

The Olympus and 4 lenses are still here I but also shoot a Sony A7II when I don't have to carry it forever. (thinking of the new Sony A9 when tit shows up.)
    Hi Lew,

Just responded to your previous post, glad to see you are back into the field, I took a brief leave for awhile myself and have been going at it for about ten years straight. It's probably an obsession now as I usually have some camera with me at all times and always feel unarmed when I venture out without.

Real Name
    Lew Lorton

Thanks for welcome.

I had been very engaged in photography since 2000 but had to slow down in the last 15 months.
    Actually I'm here on CinC because a serious illness in my family affected me and I became less tolerant of a prior community (where I had about 17,000 posts). So I looked for a 'nicer' place and so I'm here.

Real Name
    John

Quote Originally Posted by thetraveler View Post
    Thanks for welcome.

I had been very engaged in photography since 2000 but had to slow down in the last 15 months.
    Actually I'm here on CinC because a serious illness in my family affected me and I became less tolerant of a prior community (where I had about 17,000 posts). So I looked for a 'nicer' place and so I'm here.
    I've frequented some of those other forums, there are at least a few (this one included) that provide stimulating interaction and that's what a photography forum should be about. Hope everything personal progresses in a positive manner, looking forward to seeing more of your work.