Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Officejet 8710

Real Name
    Richard

Officejet 8710

My wife's all-in-one printer died on the vine yesterday morning. I cannot gripe about the failure since we have been using the printer for over four years and originally got it free as part of a notebook computer package.

We replaced it with an HP OfficeJet Pro 8710 purchasing it yesterday afternoon at a Best Buy store which was located next to when we had our rescue event. We paid $149.99 USD for the printer and the sale ended last night. If we tried to buy it today, it would have cost $199.99 USD.

Usually, I am just too late to get bargains but, this time I was just in time.

We use it for documents pertaining to our dog rescue but, it seems to do a fairly nice job printing photos...

Real Name
    John

Re: Officejet 8710

About a year ago I purchased a refurbished printer through Amazon, it was well worth the small investment.

Real Name
    Richard

BTW: HP has a plan that allows us to print out 300 pages per month (color or black and white, full border-less color prints or one line of B&W text - it doesn't matter) for a subscription price of five U.S. Dollars per month. The printer will automatically send a message to HP ordering more ink when the ink supply reaches a low limit. It doesn't matter if the need is color or B&W ink...

I will still use my Canon Pixma 9000 Pro for my top grade prints but, will print with the HP for prints that I am not as worried about achieving top quality. It will be great for printing adoption pictures that I send to the new families.

After all, less than two cents per image for ink costs (even for 8x10 sized prints) is certainly a lot cheaper than what my Pixma printer uses.

Too bad that I got rid of all of my HP photo paper when I learned by experience that HP paper was not compatible with my Pixma. I'll just have to buy some more. There was a generic 8x10 glossy photo paper (available at Fry's electronics) which worked great with my previous printer. Believe it or not, it gave better quality prints than did HP brand paper AND it was frequently on sale for one U.S. dollar for twenty-five sheets

As usual with most other brand printers we have used (but, unusual with HP printers) we have had problems setting the 8710 up to work for us. It persists in spiting out an extra blank page on any print job and it resists two sided copying. My wife is on the phone to India right now trying to solve the problems. We did a Google search for the problem solution with no luck. The technician is working through her printer right now, he has taken control of her printer now.
    Last edited by rpcrowe; 16th May 2016 at 10:09 PM.

Richard, will your new printer do enlargements?
    My wife has presented me with her continuing problem of needing to enlarge copies of patterns. She has one where it needs to be enlarged 400%. Our printers don't do that. We have an HP C7280 All-in-One and a 3210 All-in-One.