Thread: Its been a while.

Real Name
    Chris

Its been a while.

Hi Everyone. It has been a while since I was last on the site. Im sorry I haven't been able to spend more time on here. I am hoping to be able to get back into it more.

Here is a quick shot I took last weekend on the North Antrim Coast. Feel free to comment or criticize.

Its been a while.

Re: Its been a while.

I like this shot Chris, but I do find the sun spot a tad distracting. No clue as to how you could get rid of it.

Real Name
    Chris

Thanks Alan. I have been told that lens flares are the in thing but I agree with you. Infact it completely spoils this shot I might try a low opacity clone on it and see if that works.

That should clone out fairly easily. And while you are doing that there are a couple of very tiny bright spots nearby, which I would also clone out.

Real Name
    Chris

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff F View Post
    That should clone out fairly easily. And while you are doing that there are a couple of very tiny bright spots nearby, which I would also clone out.
    Thanks Geoff. I am working on it right now. It does seem to come out pretty easily. I will post when I have finished.

Out of curiosity What procedure would you use to get rid of the flares?

Real Name
    John

Nicely captured, did you have filters on the lens while shooting? I was playing with ND filters yesterday and kept getting a bit of pesky flare until I repositioned the camera.

Not really sure why but these flare spots are one problem which I never seem to encounter.

One tip for cloning tricky areas is to draw a selection around the pick up and put down areas. Both points in the same selected area and with 0 or 1 pixel of feather. Draw carefully with the Lassoo Tool. This enables you to work close to potentially tricky areas where using a fairly soft edged clone brush would otherwise cause a little bit of 'bleed' into nearby areas.

Vary the clone brush size, edge softness and opacity to suit the actual work in progress.

Real Name
    Chris

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowman View Post
    Nicely captured, did you have filters on the lens while shooting? I was playing with ND filters yesterday and kept getting a bit of pesky flare until I repositioned the camera.
    Thanks.

I have stopped using filters I find they over complicate things. I just shoot in Raw. This was one shot.

Real Name
    Chris

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff F View Post
    Not really sure why but these flare spots are one problem which I never seem to encounter.

One tip for cloning tricky areas is to draw a selection around the pick up and put down areas. Both points in the same selected area and with 0 or 1 pixel of feather. Draw carefully with the Lassoo Tool. This enables you to work close to potentially tricky areas where using a fairly soft edged clone brush would otherwise cause a little bit of 'bleed' into nearby areas.

Vary the clone brush size, edge softness and opacity to suit the actual work in progress.
    Thats a good Idea Geoff. I will try that the next time. I have already cloned out the flare with a bit of trial and error. I will post it soon and sure let me know what you guys think. Thanks again.

Real Name
    Jim

Hi Chris, good to have you posting again.

Shooting into a late day sun (just a guess) is difficult. You did good.