Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: My Portrait Pro Upgrade

Real Name
    Richard

My Portrait Pro Upgrade

I originally started working with Portrait Pro 6 and upgraded to Portrait Pro 7 which was quite an inprovement. When I had my hard drive problems, I reinstalled Portrait Pro on my new computer but, the version that I reinstalled was, for some reason, the original Version 6. I decided to upgrade to Portrait Pro 9 which is easier and more fun with which to work.

Here is a shot which was not corrected using Portrait Pro.

My Portrait Pro Upgrade

Here is that shot after a few minutes work in Portrait Pro 9...

My Portrait Pro Upgrade

Real Name
    Dave Humphries :)

Re: My Portrait Pro Upgrade

Richard,

I see the most difference on her skin - her eyes and teeth are already comendably white on the 'original' (good WB?). I do wonder if Neat Image couldn't do a similar job on skin texture though, would obviously still need specific spot healing in places though.

If you have it, try it. These pics are a little small for me to be attempting it on.

Real Name
    Richard

Re: My Portrait Pro Upgrade

I have no experience with "Neat Image".

Regarding this image; I was reminded by a friend that the armpit creases are not very flattering. There is a way to correct the full body in Portrait Pro 9 but, I am still playing with the new program. The program also lets me do some hair corrections but, again, I need to play with it. The program seems to have a lot more capability than the Version 6. It also allows you to save the image in a TIFF format. I believe the earlier versions restricted you to saving in a JPEG format.

The PP-9 is a fairly easy program with which to work but, I need to ascertain two things; how to work with faces when the eyes are closed and how to work with faces in which one eye is obscurred by hair.