Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Looking for a retail outlet in Japan Singapore Hong Kong that sells and ships Tamron

Real Name
    Brian

Re: Looking for a retail outlet in Japan Singapore Hong Kong that sells and ships Tam

Quote Originally Posted by GrumpyDiver View Post
    The have a description of the lens as well as a picture and the price in Yen. It doesn't look all that difficult.
    I did take a look and it isn't all that difficult to place the order. the problem comes in finding outfits that ship to where I live and do it COD. There is way to much web crime over here to be giving out private information to unknown companies. I keep getting 'this is an open, unprotected, not verified are you sure you want to be here messages'.

I will probably be buying from B&H.

Real Name
    Richard

Re: Looking for a retail outlet in Japan Singapore Hong Kong that sells and ships Tam

What would the custom and duty ramifications if someone purchased the lens in the USA and shipped it to you in the Philippines?

Here's what is listed on Amazon USA. - They might ship directly to the Philippines...

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_no...2.8+macro+lens

What interests me is the International Version

http://www.amazon.com/Tamron-AF-90mm...2.8+macro+lens

This lens is sold by Joy-Online (which soulnd like it may be a Japanese company).

There are three other vendors listed:

Five Star/Japan
    Flex.Japan
    .com Japan ???

Real Name
    Manfred Mueller

Quote Originally Posted by JBW View Post
    I did take a look and it isn't all that difficult to place the order. the problem comes in finding outfits that ship to where I live and do it COD. There is way to much web crime over here to be giving out private information to unknown companies. I keep getting 'this is an open, unprotected, not verified are you sure you want to be here messages'.

I will probably be buying from B&H.
    Hmm. Amazon is the largest e-Commerce company in the world. They do ship all over the world and without a doubt have better and more secure web-based transaction infrastructure than anyone else.

I could understand your comments if you were writing about the relatively small B&H, but the other way around, I do have some issues with your statement. No reputable company is likely to ship COD to where you live as they are worried about fraud too as COD across international borders is a bit touchy, but credit card transactions does protect them.

That being said, I have bought lots online from both B&H and Amazon and have not had any issues from either company.

Real Name
    Brian

Hmm. Amazon is the largest e-Commerce company in the world. They do ship all over the world and without a doubt have better and more secure web-based transaction infrastructure than anyone else.

I could understand your comments if you were writing about the relatively small B&H, but the other way around, I do have some issues with your statement. No reputable company is likely to ship COD to where you live as they are worried about fraud too as COD across international borders is a bit touchy, but credit card transactions does protect them.

That being said, I have bought lots online from both B&H and Amazon and have not had any issues from either company.
    You have a misunderstanding about Amazon. They do not always ship to the Philippines. When they do it doesn't always arrive. B&H allows you to pick your shipper and it has always arrived. You also misunderstand internet security, at least in the Philippines. It doesn't exist. It exists only so far as the company you are dealing with enforces it. In the case of B&H they are secure. But with Amazon when i click on a link I often get security warning messages. As for COD Lazada does a lot of COD and some of it comes in internationally.
    B.

Real Name
    Brian

If you check out this link you will see the Amazon prices are the same as B&H for the same product. And you are dealing with only one company when you deal with B&H which cuts down on the possible problems.

Real Name
    Leo Bhaskara

Does B&H accepts COD? I didn't see COD written here. How does international COD really work? This is the first time I heard of it.

I don't get the "dealing with only one company", either. If you buy from Amazon with Amazon also being a seller, don't you deal with only one company?

But with Amazon when i click on a link I often get security warning messages.
    Any example? I'm genuinely interested.

They do not always ship to the Philippines. When they do it doesn't always arrive.
    I wonder why. One of Amazon's international couriers is DHL and they track packages. They can also act as a proxy to pay custom fee on your behalf.

Real Name
    Brian

Quote Originally Posted by lunaticitizen View Post
    Does B&H accepts COD? I didn't see COD written here. How does international COD really work? This is the first time I heard of it.

I don't get the "dealing with only one company", either. If you buy from Amazon with Amazon also being a seller, don't you deal with only one company?

Any example? I'm genuinely interested.

I wonder why. One of Amazon's international couriers is DHL and they track packages. They can also act as a proxy to pay custom fee on your behalf.
    As far as I know B&H does not do COD.
    Amazon does sell but they are also a platform for others to sell on.
    no examples because I just leave.
    i have no idea. Maybe the war on terror

Real Name
    Leo Bhaskara

I don't understand. You said you want to pay COD yet you're going to shop at B&H?

If you want to "deal with only one company" even with Amazon you can choose products sold directly by Amazon as you already know.

I found the internet security stuff implausible. It doesn't matter where you are as long the address bar still says amazon.com

No I'm not employed by them

Tapatalk を使用して私の SC-01F から送信

Real Name
    Brian

I don't understand. You said you want to pay COD yet you're going to shop at B&H?

If you want to "deal with only one company" even with Amazon you can choose products sold directly by Amazon as you already know.

I found the internet security stuff implausible. It doesn't matter where you are as long the address bar still says amazon.com

you are not required to either understand or agree.

Real Name
    Leo Bhaskara

you are not required to either understand or agree.
    Hey I'm just trying to help here

Real Name
    Brian

http://www.amazon.com/Tamron-AF-90mm...=AXCB29L39I26U

the first one that came up. Amazon and another outfit. internet security concerns are real.

Real Name
    Leo Bhaskara

You might have already known about this, but you can just:

Choose "new from..."
    Looking for a retail outlet in Japan Singapore Hong Kong that sells and ships Tamron

Then choose the one sold directly by Amazon.
    Looking for a retail outlet in Japan Singapore Hong Kong that sells and ships Tamron

Real Name
    Dan

Just type www.amazon.com into the address bar directly, rather than letting another site direct you. Then you know you are at Amazon, and as lunaticitizen said, you can just select Amazon as the seller.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Real Name
    Manfred Mueller

You have a misunderstanding about Amazon. They do not always ship to the Philippines. When they do it doesn't always arrive. B&H allows you to pick your shipper and it has always arrived. You also misunderstand internet security, at least in the Philippines. It doesn't exist. It exists only so far as the company you are dealing with enforces it. In the case of B&H they are secure. But with Amazon when i click on a link I often get security warning messages. As for COD Lazada does a lot of COD and some of it comes in internationally.
    B.
    Brian - you were asking about buying from Japan because you felt that you should be able to get better prices there. I presented an option that seems practical and efficient.

I also understand the issues of shipping to countries like the Philippines and while I have not had things shipped to that country, I have had things shipped to India, which definitely has some of the security issues associated with the Philippines. I would suspect that some of the same issues that plague cross-border goods are likely to be similar (nicely said, I would not trust either the customs inspection or the post office in India for these types of shipments). It all depends on how they ship to your country.

As others have said, Amazon is very reputable and they resolve issues related to damage or shipping errors quite quickly. If you type in the URL, you are definitely dealing with the Japanese company itself without having to worry about the site being spoofed. If they do not ship to your country, it's because of issues they have had on the ground there. As an aside, Amazon runs each local country as a separate company and if you order from Amazon Japan, that is where the order is fulfilled and shipped from. I've dealt with the USA, Canada, Japan, UK and India operations and the only one that has been a bit flaky is Amazon India, but part of that is that they are new in the marketplace there and their delivery / returns infrastructure is not running that well..

I don't know how B&H ships to the Philippines, so can't comment on the reliability of the shipping service they use. When I order here in Canada, they have an interesting fulfillment operation that is handled through Purolator Courier and has been relatively problem free for me.

Real Name
    Richard

Brian, I can understand your reluctance to use the Internet to pay for items if there is a high degree of I-theft in your area. Many folks living in the USA or Great Britain do not realize the problems inherent in less economically developed nations.

How about going back to "stone age" technology and sending B&H an international money order and then have them ship the lens via an insured carrier. You could order the lens on line and do all of the decision making in that manner - just pay with the money order!

It seems to me that this might be the safest way of paying for the lens. At least, no one could get into your bank account when paying in that way
    Last edited by rpcrowe; 26th April 2016 at 02:49 PM.

Real Name
    Brian

Quote Originally Posted by rpcrowe View Post
    Brian, I can understand your reluctance to use the Internet to pay for items if there is a high degree of I-theft in your area. Many folks living in the USA or Great Britain do not realize the problems inherent in less economically developed nations.

How about going back to "stone age" technology and sending B&H an international money order and then have them ship the lens via an insured carrier. You could order the lens on line and do all of the decision making in that manner - just pay with the money order!

It seems to me that this might be the safest way of paying for the lens. At least, no one could get into your bank account when paying in that way
    Richard that is close to what will happen. Just for the record there were many suggestions about how to do this and who to get hold of. I DID follow up on all of them. yes even EBAY Japan.

Net results: One store said they would get back to me, they didn't. No results from any other inquiry.

Wait that's not true. I did get in touch with an astro-photographer who I knew from my astronomy days. He said he couldn't recommend a store because he buys all his gear in America.

It will be B&H. The new prices from reputable dealers on EBAY are no better and with B&H I am dealing with well earned trust.
    B.

Real Name
    Richard

I clicked on the Japanese companies advertised on Amazon.com and emailed them if they shipped to Japan. Two replied that they did bit, I couldn't figure out which two...

Real Name
    Brian

Quote Originally Posted by rpcrowe View Post
    I clicked on the Japanese companies advertised on Amazon.com and emailed them if they shipped to Japan. Two replied that they did bit, I couldn't figure out which two...
    yup it's a different world over here.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12