Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I'm a CLASSIC Example!

Real Name
    William (call me Bill)

Re: I'm a CLASSIC Example!

Quote Originally Posted by xpatUSA View Post
    [it is not a matter of choosing one dog over the other] . . .That was a bit tongue-in-cheek of me - shoulda put a smiley, I guess.
    I read it as a 'smiley' comment, but, after thinking about it I chose to take the opportunity to explain to the OP that one the exposure would be amply suitable for rendering good detail in both of the dogs.

Quote Originally Posted by xpatUSA View Post
    As to one exposure fitting both dogs, I guess Canons must have pretty good DR even at what, for me, is pretty high ISO
    haha!

WW

PS the info about which lens Sandra is using was useful to me. It goes to AF speed: the L IS MkII is super-duper fast; it is the fastest of the three Canon 70 to 200 F/2.8L lenses and it is really good for tracking fast moving stuff.

bye for now - gotta go to bed
    Last edited by William W; 18th April 2016 at 05:59 PM.

Real Name
    Sandra

Re: I'm a CLASSIC Example!

No filters used, I dont own any. As far as post processing, I'm not sure what I did on this photo. If anything it looks like I raised the exposure and realized I couldnt help this photo much and quit with the pp. I use Affinity Photo for editing. I do sometimes use a mask on the black dog and add adjustment layers to just him to make him show up. Most of the time I dont do well on that if he doesnt come out of the camera with at least a little detail showing. And yes, my new 70D does seem to be handling the 1600 ISO that I used with that last photo, I'm pleased with that. And that lens, on the last photo, is the Canon 70-200 f/2.8 IS ii.
    I am printing off all the info you guys have shared with me above and keep on practicing (in the right light, LOL) Thank you again!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12