Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: My first post

Real Name
    Raylee

My first post

This is a great site with fantastic photos - very inspirational. Here are my first submissions:

img_6673.jpg

img_7044.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Colin Southern; 8th August 2010 at 01:28 AM.

Real Name
    Have a guess :)

Re: My first post

Hi Raylee,

Great stuff - I reckon Donald might have a bit of competition on his hands for greyscale photography!

PS: I'm forgetting my manners; welcome to CiC - it's great to have you with us!

Hi Raylee

My first post

That's a nice BW shot you have there. Why not post it in our latest mono comp here? Look forward to your future submissions.

Real Name
    Raylee

Thanks for the welcomes and the encouragement.

And can you please give me instructions for including the photo in the message rather than as an attachment? Thanks
    Last edited by Camellia; 8th August 2010 at 03:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by camellia View Post
    Thanks for the welcomes and the encouragement.

And can you please give me instructions for including the photo in the message rather than as an attachment? Thanks
    Raylee

This FAQ explains the different options https://www.cambridgeincolour.com/fo...b3_attachments

If you want to host your images elsewhere (I use Flickr) you can simply post the Flickr image location into your post here. Flickr has changed in the last week, and you now need to select your image there and right click and select 'copy image location', then in your post here you select 'insert image' icon when you enter or edit the post and paste in the URL link. You can then use the preview button to check what it looks like before you file the post.

If you have already uploaded a file to here, you can right click on the thumbnail and select 'copy link location', then do an insert image as above - like this...

img_6673.jpg
    Last edited by carregwen; 8th August 2010 at 03:49 AM.

Real Name
    Raylee

Thanks

Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

Raylee,

Your first great mistake as a member of C in C is that you've prompted Rob to use those stupid, b....... smillie things again. He had been banned from doing so! So, I'm afraid we'll have to hold you responsible for that. He'll now need to undergo another course of treatment.

But, that apart, it's great to have you on here as another person who's ready, willing and able to turn off the colour switches and go monochrome. Well, it's actually just nice to have you here anyway. But you know what I mean!

Welcome Raylee, I like the simplicity of the flower. Very nicely composed

Steve

Real Name
    Raylee

Thanks Donald and Steve for the welcome.

I really like B&W photography and I'm keen to learn from some experts. Looking forward to interacting with and learning from you.

Cheers

R