Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How does the Sigma 105 F/2.8 EX DOS macro compare to Tamron Sp 90 F/2.8

Real Name
    Brian

Re: Small Percentage Better

Please weigh in on any of my threads. I love the last shot. And I love all of the learning the lens would demand of me. Thanks for posting.

Real Name
    Dan

Dan - Brian's photographic needs are a bit different than for most of the rest of us.
    Manfred, thanks for reminding me. I shouldn't have lost track of this.

Brian--all the more reason, I think, to stick with the Tamron. The lighter weight will be easier to handle, and the camera will feel more balanced.

Dan

Real Name
    Brian

Quote Originally Posted by DanK View Post

Brian--all the more reason, I think, to stick with the Tamron. The lighter weight will be easier to handle, and the camera will feel more balanced.

Dan
    true enough.

Real Name
    Manfred Mueller

Quote Originally Posted by DanK View Post
    Dan - I guess I'm a bit more sensitive than most when it comes to dealing with a disability. I spent quite a number of years hobbling around with a cane or walking stick because of severe arthritis in my feet, so I have a bit of an affinity with people who don't let these issues get in the way of doing things they want. Dragging camera equipment around and traveling with a cane were no fun at all, but fortunately for me, surgery I had on my foot in 2012, helped a great deal. In fact the trip my wife and I did to Ethiopia in 2013 was to see how well we could do travel in the developing world as both of use were still recovering from major medical issues.

How does the Sigma 105 F/2.8 EX DOS macro compare to Tamron Sp 90 F/2.8

That's me with my cane some 8 years ago. The reason I decided to show this image is that this is the closest I've been to the part of the world where Brian lives, Sabah State on Malaysia's part of the island of Borneo. I think we got as close as 30km from the sea border with the Philippines while we were there.

Note: I'm not that tall. The people there were really short!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12