Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Nik Collection

Real Name
    Robert

Nik Collection

Announcement from Google:
    Today we’re making the Nik Collection available to everyone, for free.

Photo enthusiasts all over the world use the Nik Collection to get the best out of their images every day. As we continue to focus our long-term investments in building incredible photo editing tools for mobile, including Google Photos and Snapseed, we’ve decided to make the Nik Collection desktop suite available for free, so that now anyone can use it.

The Nik Collection is comprised of seven desktop plug-ins that provide a powerful range of photo editing capabilities -- from filter applications that improve color correction, to retouching and creative effects, to image sharpening that brings out all the hidden details, to the ability to make adjustments to the color and tonality of images.

Starting March 24, 2016, the latest Nik Collection will be freely available to download: Analog Efex Pro, Color Efex Pro, Silver Efex Pro, Viveza, HDR Efex Pro, Sharpener Pro and Dfine. If you purchased the Nik Collection in 2016, you will receive a full refund, which we’ll automatically issue back to you in the coming days.

We’re excited to bring the powerful photo editing tools once only used by professionals to even more people now. 
    Google Nik Collection
    google.com

Real Name
    Robbie.

Re: Nik Collection

Real Name
    Leo Bhaskara

I just bought it on December last year.
    Ouch.

Real Name
    Richard

This is wonderful news! I don't get any refund since I purchased NIK as soon as it was taken over by Google.

But, now, anyone can have the advantage of working with NIK and I don't feel bad when I recommend some procedures that are more readily available in NIK such as: The Structure Slider

northern Virginia suburb of Washington, DC

I'm thrilled for all the people who will now have free access to the software but I disagree overall that this is wonderful news. This news confirms for me that Google is not going to continue developing the software suite. Since buying it from Nik in September 2012 (probably only because they also got Snapseed as competition to Instagram), they haven't upgraded anything. They've only added one relatively minor module. Another sign that no further development will be occurring.
    Last edited by Mike Buckley; 25th March 2016 at 03:30 AM.

Real Name
    Russell

Quote Originally Posted by RList View Post
    Announcement from Google:
    Today we’re making the Nik Collection available to everyone, for free.

Photo enthusiasts all over the world use the Nik Collection to get the best out of their images every day. As we continue to focus our long-term investments in building incredible photo editing tools for mobile, including Google Photos and Snapseed, we’ve decided to make the Nik Collection desktop suite available for free, so that now anyone can use it.

The Nik Collection is comprised of seven desktop plug-ins that provide a powerful range of photo editing capabilities -- from filter applications that improve color correction, to retouching and creative effects, to image sharpening that brings out all the hidden details, to the ability to make adjustments to the color and tonality of images.

Starting March 24, 2016, the latest Nik Collection will be freely available to download: Analog Efex Pro, Color Efex Pro, Silver Efex Pro, Viveza, HDR Efex Pro, Sharpener Pro and Dfine. If you purchased the Nik Collection in 2016, you will receive a full refund, which we’ll automatically issue back to you in the coming days.

We’re excited to bring the powerful photo editing tools once only used by professionals to even more people now. 
    Google Nik Collection
    google.com
    Ah!! didn't look through the forum before posting NIK collection FREE

Real Name
    Robert

Quote Originally Posted by russellsnr View Post
    Ah!! didn't look through the forum before posting NIK collection FREE
    I did but only now. Sorry, should have seen it before posting