Thread: Some Really Nice Photoshop Actions

Real Name
    Richard

Some Really Nice Photoshop Actions

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FA0nZwzEUBo

IMO, these actions would be quite profitable for a child or family photographer. Also would be nice for a portrait photographer - especially for female portraits...

Real Name
    John

Re: Some Really Nice Photoshop Actions

Nice link.

Real Name
    Dan

She has lots of different sets: http://paintthemoon.net/products/

Some of them do look very appealing. However, some of what she does with eyes looks weird to me--plasticy and not life-like. To each her own.

Real Name
    ED The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ, Moves on

Hi Richard,

Looks like really good software, but WAAAY too expensive for a retired amateur.

Pros that do a lot of work and need the time would be it's target customer base.

Unless I win the Lottery, I will stick with the Low and Slow version(myself) and the free version of Photoshop Elements I got with a lens I bought from a camera dealer in Toronto.

Thks Ed

Real Name
    Manfred Mueller

While I am a great fan of actions, I tend to use them for repetitive simple things I do, like preparing images for posting that require changes to colour spaces and re-sizing. I find that more complex ones are a bit too dangerous as the underlying assumption in these actions is that there is common approach that works everywhere.

I did watch this infomercial from end-to-end and I see nothing that would interest me putting any of my money out for this product. This is purely personal taste, but I don't like the soft, washed out, plastic images these actions turn out. I'm sure there is a market for photos like these, especially in the baby / child portraits and even into the wedding side as the buyers of these products tend to be "unsophisticated" and will tend towards whatever the current "look" that is in those markets.