Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Stac Pollaidh, Wester Ross, Scotland

Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

Stac Pollaidh, Wester Ross, Scotland

A wee step 'out-of-the-box' for my first post-holiday posting. A splash of colour.

Stac Pollaidh, Wester Ross, Scotland
    40D, 70-200 f4 L IS @ 100mm. ISO 100. 0.7sec@f13. 3 + 2 (5) Stop GNDs. Manual. 22:18.

ps - If the colours aren't right, blame herself, as with me having a red/green colour shift problem something like this is pretty near impossible. I know what looks right to me, but I don't know if it looks right to you. Effectively it's a case of composition by Donald, colour rendition by Sheila.

Colour blindness is something we've discussed on here a long time ago. It's interesting in that I saw this and loved it. If you were there you might have loved it too, but you would have been seeing something different.
    Last edited by Donald; 27th July 2010 at 02:45 PM.

Re: Stac Pollaidh, Wester Ross, Scotland

Super shot, Donald - very dramatic. I'm not sure about the colours. Not being there and seeing the actual scene it's impossible to say. It's a very good shot though.

Real Name
    Terry

Right or wrong on the colors, Donald, I think its a great shot either way.

Real Name
    Kit, aka Slimtla

Welcome back, Donald.

Re the colours - that's the great thing about it - we weren't there so nobody can dispute that is isn't what was there. Nice image, anyway. It almost looks like an active volcano with that wee puff of cloud hovering just above the summit.

Real Name
    Pops

One of the things I noticed after I had my cataract surgery was that I had regained my full spectrum color vision. I had been missing the oranges to browns.

So, I went back to my sunset shots to see how badly I had screwed them up. I found that they were alright. I had worked them into what I had seen and, therefore, the colors were correct. What I did find is that there were details I had missed seeing the first time around. An example is a rock face I shot for the shape and texture. Looking at it later, I saw curves of color running through the rock, which I couldn't see before.

Work the picture into what you saw. Have Sheila work a copy of the same picture into what she saw. I'd like to see the differences, if they are even any to see.

Pops

Real Name
    David

Donald - as a fellow anomalous trichromat I probably see what you see regarding colours. I know that shades of magenta are my weakness. In your image, excellent rendition BTW, the only colour curiosity to my eyes is the loch. It looks slightly magenta to me. But that's exactly what I normally don't see. So I'm puzzled. What does the pointer in the Gimp say about the colour?

Cheers

David