Thread: Descending into Sushi hell

Real Name
    Simon

Descending into Sushi hell

Descending into Sushi hell

This may be my least favourite from today. I feel it is too busy, but it has good underlying structure if a little linear.

This was taken right before I got told off for taking photos, and asked to apply for a permit! It's been a few years since I've been told off, it was like someone turned up the saturation slider on my cheeks

Real Name
    John

Re: Descending into Sushi hell

So who got after you, mall cops? Nice capture, I take it you don't like sushi?

Real Name
    Simon

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowman View Post
    So who got after you, mall cops? Nice capture, I take it you don't like sushi?
    The concierge found me snapping away, I was just amusing myself while my wife went shopping. Apparently you need a permit! There's some interesting architecture there, and the light can be stunning through the skylights, so I may go and plead my amateur status and see if they take pity on me.

I don't have a problem with sushi personally, but the statue is trying to invoke heavenly status, which puts the sushi bar in warmer climes...

Chesterfield, Missouri/Melbourne, Australia
    Real Name
    Izzie

I like this, discomfort as it may for you...so why do they prevent people from taking pictures over there? This may be privately owned but can be considered 'public' because people shop and go there? Asking for a permit is a little bit over the top, don't you think? I bet you, you can get away with it if you use your iphone...

Real Name
    Simon

Quote Originally Posted by IzzieK View Post
    I like this, discomfort as it may for you...so why do they prevent people from taking pictures over there? This may be privately owned but can be considered 'public' because people shop and go there? Asking for a permit is a little bit over the top, don't you think? I bet you, you can get away with it if you use your iphone...
    Of course - they saw the dslr and made whatever assumptions they associate with it. It is privately owned and I guess they feel a duty to protect their brand and clients by controlling the images that come out of the building - I understand, it was just a bit embarrassing! It's local to me so I'm going to contact them today and ask what I need to do to get permission. I'm going to assume they will be reasonable until I hear otherwise.

Real Name
    John

My local shopping centre has the same rules. Not a problem because I just call in at the office, offer to let them vet any images (which they generally decline). The only problem is that they then walky-talky the roaming security staff after which I feel almost obliged to find something (anything) to shoot.

The shot is a bit busy but you have used the staircase and other shapes to good effect. I think that it holds up.