Thread: Watching & Waiting Image reworked...

Real Name
    Matt

Watching & Waiting Image reworked...

I've started a new thread for this one as the other one had a lot of separate discussion in. I re-done the image without the surrounding blur and tried to keep the "ghosting" down to a minimum.

Re: Watching & Waiting Image reworked...

You have a nicely focused foreground there; apart from one stem on the far right which has moved, so I might consider cloning that one. Good colour as well.

Real Name
    Matt

Hows this Geoff? I also cloned out the little boat light just under my left shoulder.

Real Name
    Larry Saideman

It looks to me at this viewing level that the silhouetted subject as some ca distortion outlining him. I think that it is very important to correct for this early on one's processing as, at least for me, it becomes more embedded and difficult to correct after serious pp. Even after correcting for it, the correction can leave a halo which will, again, outline your figure. I don't know what you are doing here. You may be selecting the figure and applying masks and layers. I don't know. Maybe he is over sharpened. Whatever has been done, I would go back and correct the ca's first. Then, be careful of any halos. Lightening your subject may reduce the visibility of the outline. My two cents. I like the overall composition and theme. I would tone down the saturation particularly of the greens on the rock. The image, except for the sky, is bordering on black and white and I might let the foreground and water go in that direction (not totally) and just let the color of the sky be the main color draw.

Real Name
    Nandakumar

This is the proper mixing of reality and drama in genuine proportion.....this really works better and more.....

Real Name
    Manfred Mueller

I find it interesting how this image has continued to evolve every time you go back and touch it. I can't see the CA that Larry has commented on (I suspect is viewing in on a larger screen than I have on my laptop), but from a workflow point, I totally agree. The time to get rid of the CA is when you do the raw conversion and if you don't the effects can become more pronounced with every edit.

Everything that worked in the previous two versions works here as well. I just find the subtle changes you have made quite interesting.

Real Name
    Binnur

This one looks good Matt I would clone the lens flare but you might be keeping it intentionally.

Real Name
    Jenny

I'll bet that if you spend another few days on it in Photoshop you might just be able to remove any remaining integrity to this image.

Real Name
    Matt

Quote Originally Posted by SuffolkGal View Post
    I'll bet that if you spend another few days on it in Photoshop you might just be able to remove any remaining integrity to this image.
    Thanks for the constructive feedback, really helpful.

Real Name
    John

Post #3 is much better version. Nicely done.

Real Name
    Jenny

Quote Originally Posted by Rebel View Post
    Thanks for the constructive feedback, really helpful.
    Apologies, that was a bit caustic of me! I really love your image, but I'd hate to see it "overworked".