Thread: Three of six puppies....

Real Name
    Richard

Three of six puppies....

I couldn't physically shoot all six puppies yesterday Painful Photo Session

Here are two each of the first three girls I shot...

Adele:
    Three of six puppies....
    Three of six puppies....

Allie:
    Three of six puppies....
    Three of six puppies....

Ariel:
    Three of six puppies....
    Three of six puppies....

I will shoot the male and the other two female puppies today and post them...

Real Name
    John

Re: Three of six puppies....

Too bad, they'd look adorable all together. Nice set.

Real Name
    Sergio

Agree with John, they are adorable.

Something I always wonder is how you get them to pose.

Sergio

Real Name
    Dave

OK. I am going to go out on a limb. Yes, they are adorable, but for me they would be just as adorable, maybe even more so, without the decoration.

Maybe it works to find them "furever" homes. I hope so!

Puts on tin hat and ducks down.

Dave

Real Name
    Richard

Sergio... I ask them to please sit still for the camera Actually, my wife holds them with a thin show lead which I clone out. These puppies have been people oriented ever since they arrived and are not in the least bothered by people. In fact, they will all congregate next to us when we are near the puppy pen...

Dave... Yes, of course they would be every bit adorable without the decoration. The problem would be that we could not tell them apart without some type of adornment. Each puppy has a different decoration and we keep a list of who is who and wearing what...

Chesterfield, Missouri/Melbourne, Australia
    Real Name
    Izzie

They are all beautiful Richard...Hope you mend soon...

Real Name
    Richard

Thanks Izzie. I'll have the other three tomorrow.

Then I have nine puppies that belong to Charlotte, the Chihuahua, and Marlo, the Pomeranian mix...

Real Name
    Dan

Nicely done, Richard. And with wounded ribs at that.

Real Name
    Dave

Dave... Yes, of course they would be every bit adorable without the decoration. The problem would be that we could not tell them apart without some type of adornment. Each puppy has a different decoration and we keep a list of who is who and wearing what...
    Ah yes. I don't suppose you can spray paint them like they do with the sheep in these parts

Dave

Real Name
    Izzie

You're gonna be busy Richard -- don't force it! The reason I didn't heal so easily is over-confidence I am going to heal...Take it easy...

Real Name
    Richard

Quote Originally Posted by davidedric View Post
    Ah yes. I don't suppose you can spray paint them like they do with the sheep in these parts

Dave
    Dave, that's not as strange as it sounds. We have had litters of cookie-cutter, look-alike puppies and my wife has painted the toenails of one foot of each of them a different color. It works as long as you write down who has what color and you need different colors of nail polish. One problem with that system is that you cannot tell them apart in the photos.

We have just received a microchip scanner. We always have microchips installed as soon as puppies are large enough and the reader will allow us to read the numbers on the chip and therefore tell any one pup from its siblings...

Izzie, I try to take it easy but, its often pretty difficult with all of these dogs. Here are two new ones we rescued today. They are scheduled to be groomed on Monday. The entry shots are just to establish a baseline on what they look like when they come to us. I found that even with these small dogs, lifting the carrier is a chore that hurts

Three of six puppies....

Three of six puppies....

I always annotate the entry shots as such. Often, various rescue websites lift pictures from Facebook pages and publish the pictures as dogs available for adoption. I don't mind that a bit. The more exposure our dogs get, the better chances they have to be adopted. However, before I started titling the images as "ENTRY" a website lifted an image and stated that the dog was up for adoption. We don't want anyone to think that we would place dogs as scruffy as these up for adoption. I am pretty proud regarding the condition of the dogs we have up for adoption. They are leaps and bounds ahead of the condition of dogs from many other rescue groups.

We are extremely fortunate that there is a dog grooming franchise that will groom our "difficult to groom" dogs free of charge for our rescue group. Judy can groom the Maltese because she has been doing that for over thirty years. It is the other breeds and mixed breeds like Oliver and Champ that she needs help grooming. I will place the post-grooming photos after I shoot their "official rescue portraits"...
    Last edited by rpcrowe; 6th February 2016 at 05:12 AM.

Real Name
    Izzie

My...my...they are nicely done images but a lot of work for someone in your condition right now...don't you have any help around during the day except for Judy? You two are working yourself to the bones for these puppies...I know you love them all the same, but sometimes you also need help, especially now...even just for lifting.

Real Name
    Richard

Here are the rest...
    Amy
    Three of six puppies....
    Angie
    Three of six puppies....
    Tucker
    Three of six puppies....
    Last edited by rpcrowe; 7th February 2016 at 02:12 AM.

Real Name
    Richard

Tucker has been adopted... Easy adoption! We didn't need to do a home inspection nor to check references in this one. Our daughter and son-in-law are adopting Tucker. Their present dogs (all of whom were adopted) are growing old. Tucker will be a great addition to their household and we know the kind of care they give their dogs.

Besides, another plus is that we will be able to follow Tucker as he matures from puppyhood into an adult dog.

Real Name
    Izzie

Ouch! I was eyeing him to adopt from you...I really like him a lot and just told Bill about him last night... I know...we have Roxie but I like that one...Oh well, consolation is that I can get to see his progress if you take another image of him...

Real Name
    Richard

Oliver and Champ After Grooming

Oliver
    Three of six puppies....
    Three of six puppies....
    Champ
    Three of six puppies....
    Three of six puppies....