Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Denoise Projects

Real Name
    John

Denoise Projects

Came across this offer on one of the news sites and thought others might be interested. I hadn't heard of this software before but it seems to be a well established German company and at the offer price for this package, I thought it would be worth trying.

http://www.projects-software.com/den...-special-offer

P.S. I have downloaded a copy and it seems extremely comprehensive. It is more than just noise reduction software. For instance it includes a RAW converter ("for some cameras"- unspecified) and scratch and spot removal tools (amongst many others) and it can selectively detect and treat individual colour channels. It is worth having a look at the handbook to get some idea of its scope. Don't know how good it is yet though.
    Last edited by John 2; 4th February 2016 at 10:00 AM.

Real Name
    John

Re: Denoise Projects

I wonder how long they've been in business, name is identical to Topaz Denoise. Thanks for link.

Real Name
    John

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowman View Post
    I wonder how long they've been in business, name is identical to Topaz Denoise. Thanks for link.
    They have quite a broad set of application software programmes on offer on their site so I think thy have been around for some time but perhaps only in their domestic market. Your right about Topaz. Searching for reviews brings up the Topaz equivalent nine times out of ten.

Real Name
    Manfred Mueller

John - I've downloaded it and am testing it.

Right now I am impressed by the noise reduction. but extremely unimpressed in that it seems to cause colour shifts in the image when I work in the ProPhoto colour space. So far as I can tell, it seems to handle the sRGB colour space, but not AdobeRGB or ProPhoto colour spaces.

Real Name
    John

Interesting Manfred. I've yet to have a play but I'll check that out as well.

Real Name
    Manfred Mueller

Just to confirm. I exported an image I was using in Photoshop using the ProPhoto colour space via the Denoise plugin. When it finished processing I sent it back and it came back as an sRGB IFF file with a really noticeable colour shift.

I sent a question off to the company as I don't see anything in the user's manual to help figure this out. The software seems to support all kinds of colour spaces.

Chesterfield, Missouri/Melbourne, Australia
    Real Name
    Izzie

Thanks for the link John...I am interested in the Raw converter that corrects distortion. You know I am bad at that part of the pp on my images, so it might be worth to try that part without going to Photoshop...Oh yes I still remember the tutorial that you taught me but I'll test that part at least. The price is not bad either...