Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Windows 10 - MicroSoft getting pushy.

Real Name
    Robert (ah prefer Boab) Smith

Re: Windows 10 - MicroSoft getting pushy.

Hi Dan,

Sadly, many vendors, (as opposed tae manufacturers) will sell older stock as "Win10 compatible/upgradeable". Which saves them the time and subsequent manpower costs needed tae do the updates they should... thus leaving it tae the consumer. That's when the problems occur. It's usually smaller vendors (online) with stock tae shift who are the culprits. Normally a local high street vendor could not risk the damage tae his/her reputation. So buy from a reputable online or local high street vendor.

Real Name
    Dan

Re: Windows 10 - MicroSoft getting pushy.

Quote Originally Posted by tao2 View Post
    Sadly, many vendors, (as opposed tae manufacturers) will sell older stock as "Win10 compatible/upgradeable". ...
    The information I mentioned isn't regarding people upgrading machines. It's complaints about brand new machines being delivered directly from Dell, HP, Lenovo, Asus, Samsung, etc. with apparent compatibility issues right out of the box.
    ...Normally a local high street vendor could not risk the damage tae his/her reputation...
    That is the conventional wisdom. But it seems to have been abandoned. They seem to be more concerned with using up parts inventory. That's the only logical conclusion I could come up with.

All that said, I bought a new Dell 7000 13in laptop with Win10 and it's excellent thus far. Normal growing pains of learning a new system but hardware is fine.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123