Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Back home an not yet up-to-speed

Stockholm, Sweden (and sometimes Santiago de Cuba)
    Real Name
    Urban Domeij

Back home an not yet up-to-speed

Back after a couple of months in Santiago de Cuba. The young men in the picture are bonus grandchildren.
    I just fell in love with the play of light and took a shot. To the right is a typical Cuban window, a jalousi, which has a clear pane at the top, through which scattered light enters after passing some vegetation outside. The tablet of the younger boy reflects a spot onto the wall, and the brightly illuminated part of the bedcover creates the halo around his head and backlights his face. Items on the two bedtables are left my wife's and right mine.
    I just love the picture, and I don't think I would have gotten it better with a more advanced camera than the P&S I used.

The reason I am not back on track completely is not only jet-lag, but also that I have dengue for the first time - treating with iron and vitamins.

Back home an not yet up-to-speed

Real Name
    John

Re: Back home an not yet up-to-speed

Nicely captured.

Real Name
    Tony Watts

I like it for the same reasons. Pity about the dengue fever!

Chesterfield, Missouri/Melbourne, Australia
    Real Name
    Izzie

I feel so old when I see kids like these operating an iPad each. My grandchild will be 3 on February 28th and she already have her own Android to watch her tv shows while she has her meals. My DIL curtail her tablet time but sometimes it is a good baby sitter. I like this image. Very homey....It must have been more beautiful in person.

Hope you get well soon.