Thread: I need somebody to better my images.....

I need somebody to better my images.....

I was thinking if somebody knows sparklepix.com I have heard some good stuff about them, high quality work. Any idea?

Real Name
    Robin

Re: I need somebody to better my images.....

Why do you need a firm to 'touch up' your images?

Are they needed for a commercial output and if so what is the nature of your involvement?

Real Name
    Dave Humphries :)

I dunno Robin,

Gabriela's original thread (back in September 2013) might shed some light.

Hi Gabriela - welcome back!

As Robin says, we need to know more;
    the intended use of the images?
    the quantity of images involved?
    what were they shot with?
    what file type?

An example image posted here would also help us enormously - from reading your other thread, it occurs to me that possibly more could be done while taking the photos to reduce the need for post processing, but we cannot know for sure unless we see a typical example or two.
    Please show us one example each of your best and worst shots.

You may find this thread helpful:
    HELP THREAD: How can I post images here?

Thanks, Dave

Real Name
    John

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Humphries View Post
    I dunno Robin,

Gabriela's original thread (back in September 2013) might shed some light.

Hi Gabriela - welcome back!

As Robin says, we need to know more;
    the intended use of the images?
    the quantity of images involved?
    what were they shot with?
    what file type?

An example image posted here would also help us enormously - from reading your other thread, it occurs to me that possibly more could be done while taking the photos to reduce the need for post processing, but we cannot know for sure unless we see a typical example or two.
    Please show us one example each of your best and worst shots.

You may find this thread helpful:
    HELP THREAD: How can I post images here?

Thanks, Dave
    Also, based on the content of the link Gabriela is still interested in jewelry photography; which isn't that easy to capture especially if flash is involved. I wonder if a less expensive alternative to using a firm would be to get a college intern to do the editing.

Real Name
    Richard

IMO, the main (and for me only) reason to outsource post processing would be if I were too busy shooting money-making pictures to spend time in post processing.

You make money from shooting and delivering the finished product, not for the time spent post processing.

Two things pop out from the above comments:

1. It would behoove you to do the absolutely best job in camera to reduce the amount of post processing needed. This should be the photographer's aim whether the post-processing is done in-house or out-sourced.

2. If the decision is made to post-process in-house, it might be economically viable to invest in time and effort saving programs such as NIK Software and Perfect Photo Suite.

northern Virginia suburb of Washington, DC

Terry,

Quote Originally Posted by tezclarke View Post
    Me Too!!
    I recommend that you start your own thread by displaying that image (only one is displayed even though your narrative mentions two images). Most important, you mentioned that the image is "not really good," but didn't explain the characteristics that you don't like. People will be able to provide much more help if they know what you don't like. Personally, I think the image is quite nice, especially considering that you are new to this stuff if I remember correctly.

Real Name
    Dave Humphries :)

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Buckley View Post
    Terry,

I recommend that you start your own thread by displaying that image (only one is displayed even though your narrative mentions two images). Most important, you mentioned that the image is "not really good," but didn't explain the characteristics that you don't like. People will be able to provide much more help if they know what you don't like. Personally, I think the image is quite nice, especially considering that you are new to this stuff if I remember correctly.
    As responses to Terry's post were overwhelming Gabriela's thread, I have now moved them all to a new thread here:
    Me too! (need help to improve my pictures)