Thread: Goldendoodle Litter

Real Name
    Richard

Goldendoodle Litter

We just rescued another litter, this time from a San Diego County Shelter: six puppies who are just darling!

Goldendoodle Litter

These puppies look like they are goldendoodles. At least that's what my doodle, Holly, looked like when she was their age. Here is Holly at seven and a half weeks.

Goldendoodle Litter

Holly was larger, about seven pounds at seven weeks old. These pups who we are told are six weeks old average about two pounds. There are, however, miniature doodles which are the product of a miniature poodle + a golden retriever. I suspect that these pups are miniatures...

Goldendoodle Litter

I missed the Lunar New Year Celebration because of the arrival of this litter, We had to set up for them. We now have three litters of puppies in our home, a total of 15 pups!
    Last edited by rpcrowe; 31st January 2016 at 02:04 AM.

Real Name
    Richard

Two speed puppies...

Puppies have only two speeds, fast forward and fast asleep. These pups are fast asleep because they all have had baths. I have to admit that they are easier to photograph at this speed

Goldendoodle Litter

My wife is also pretty tired, she has been bathing and drying puppies for three hours straight

By the way, the only male is the bruiser at the bottom, image right. At almost four pounds "Tucker" is considerably larger than any of his five sisters
    Last edited by rpcrowe; 1st February 2016 at 12:28 AM.

Real Name
    Kay

Re: Two speed puppies...

They are all truly gorgeous and I hope they eventually find loving 'forever homes'.

Real Name
    John

Nice pics.

Real Name
    Dave Humphries :)

Gotta love that just bathed, smellin' sweet, look Richard.

They are seriously cute!

Chesterfield, Missouri/Melbourne, Australia
    Real Name
    Izzie

My...my...how cute they are. Can I have one?

Real Name
    Richard

Flying saucer

The "Flying Saucer bowl is the best way to feed a litter of puppies. They all have space around the bowl and none of them walk through their food.
    Goldendoodle Litter
    You may notice that there are only five, not six, puppies eating together. "Tucker", the only male is quite a bit larger than his sisters and would gobble down all the food and probably get sick from gorging; so we feed Tucker separately.
    Goldendoodle Litter
    The puppies are just beginning to get their teeth. Our strategy for pups of this age is to put puppy kibble into a food processor and grind it up. We then moisten the kibble with warm water. The pups love eating that way and it is a great transition from nursing to puppy chow...
    We have another identical bowl which we will add as the puppies grow larger.
    The shelter has wormed them, provided their first series of shots and inserted micro chips. The pups are surprisingly healthy. We plan to take them to our vet for an initial exam tomorrow when her office is open.
    Quite often, the shelter vet will spay/neuter puppies that rescue groups take over. If they will, that would be a considerable financial boon to our group.
    Last edited by rpcrowe; 1st February 2016 at 12:27 AM.

Real Name
    Binnur

Re: Flying saucer

They are very cute and lucky to have you

Real Name
    Izzie

Awww.....so cute...all of them. I am glad you named your only boy Tucker...that was very nice...

Real Name
    Richard

He's really a great little guy. Bigger and more adventurous than the five girls. I love all of them but, Tucker is really special. He is very people oriented and loves being petted and held. It's hard not to hold a puppy like him!

Real Name
    Kim

Re: Goldendoodle Litter

Wow Richard, your home is bursting with puppies! How lucky are they to have found you and your wife.

Real Name
    Izzie

Quote Originally Posted by rpcrowe View Post
    He's really a great little guy. Bigger and more adventurous than the five girls. I love all of them but, Tucker is really special. He is very people oriented and loves being petted and held. It's hard not to hold a puppy like him!
    How old are they now? Are they six weeks old? I got my Tucker when he was 5.5 weeks old and started training almost immediately. I love it when he marched. I taught my dogs how to march instead of trot. Have you taught your Holly any tricks from the book yet? Trucker might be a good companion the way you described him...We still missed our Tucker.

Real Name
    Dan

Those are some cuties. I'd think it shouldn't be a problem placing them in homes.

Real Name
    Richard

Thanks everyone for the nice comments... We are really fortunate in that these puppies are really mellow (except when they are hungry) it makes finding them homes a lot easier. Of course, the puppies being so cute really helps too!

We think that the pups are about six weeks old. Their teeth are just coming in.

Izzie, how do you train a dog to trot?

As far as training my Holly, the very first thing that I trained her to do is to sit for treats. That started at about seven weeks old when I got her. I did not want her to grow into a big dog (she's 55 pounds) who would jump on me to get a treat.

Another important thing that we taught Holly was the "drop it" command. When we took her to "Therapy Dog Boot Camp" the "drop it" command was one thing that they concentrated on. It really was handy when one of our chicks jumped out of the chicken pen and Holly picked her up and ran off. Judy yelled, "Holly Drop It" and Holly dropped the chick. The chick was a bit flustered but totally unhurt.

Real Name
    Izzie

Izzie, how do you train a dog to trot?
    All the dogs that I own trots. I teach them how to march...I sing a marching song and march while I hold the leash close beside me from the beginning, you know, short leash, with the dog almost touching the side of my legs. A few times a day at least whenever I can manage. Very soon they do it on their own. Then as an extra training, I say the words, March Time, March...Roxie, our dog now, being a girlie is the most gracious of all of them in marching. Sexy really. She raised her front left paw first and dropped it ever gently. The male doggies are stronger in dropping their marching paws. All of my dogs are music oriented but only Tucker sings. All the dogs that I ever own, apart from Roxie who is a blue heeler, are rottenweilers. And all my male dogs talks. I taught them how to talk, not bark to tell me what they want. Roxie do not talk, only sometimes but she barks when she want something quickly outside. It is a constant, Talk to me command...and they all caught on.