Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Going Crazy With Adobe Bridge

Real Name
    Richard

Going Crazy With Adobe Bridge

I always save my original RAW image files in sub-folders identified by the date shot. This is automatic when I download the Raw files from my memory cards to my hard drive via Adobe Bridge. The individual files are named YYYYMMDD + custom name (in this case I named it TEST) and they are stored in a sub folder identified by shot date yyyymmdd

When I edit the files and save them as JPEG images, I save them in folders with individual names. This has made it very easy to find either my original RAW images or the edited versions.

I can still find my RAW folders using Photoshop...

In the above case I can find my Raw Files in folders 2160117, 20160119, 20160122, 20160123, 20160125, and 20160126 followed by the folders in which I store my edited images: starting with Adobe, Ancestors, and so on.

I can find the RAW images using windows explorer in the same way...

However, since January 15, 2016 my subsequent yyyymmdd folders do not show up when I try to access them using Adobe Bridge...

As you see above, the dated folders appearing in Adobe Bridge subsequent to 20160115 to not show up. That 20160115 folder is immediately followed by Adobe and the Ancestors.

What in the world is happening to my Adobe Bridge?
    Last edited by rpcrowe; 26th January 2016 at 09:16 PM.

Real Name
    John

Re: Going Crazy With Adobe Bridge

I never liked Bridge, it took forever to locate all my files. Does it include new entries automatically or do you have to do a new launch to bring in the new stuff?

Real Name
    Allan Short

Richard I see from your screen saver that Favorites is highlighted I always have folders highlighted could that solve the problem?

Cheers: Allan

Real Name
    Richard

It doesn't seem to make a difference if I have favorites or folders checked.....

Real Name
    Manfred Mueller

Something strange must be happening Richard. Mine seems to be working fine. I store all my files using Bridge and do my downloads by the same folder numbering system you use.

Bridge is certainly something which I use all the time, for every downloaded image and for identifying stored files etc.

I normally use the Folders setting as Allan mentioned but I can't replicate your problem whatever I try.

My only thoughts are along the lines of: Are you now accidentally creating Hidden Files and you don't have the Show Hidden Files option selected?

Certainly an odd scenario for you. Although occasionally my Bridge does self select different settings and I then have to wade through all the available options to sort out what has changed.

Real Name
    Richard

I found my lost folders

For some reason, Adobe Bridge is listing the latest dated folders AFTER, not before the folders which have title names and include my edited images.

The latest dated folders 20160117 through 20160126 show up AFTER the "Yosemite" and "Wild Animal Park" folders. I have no idea why this has happened

I frequently get files placed in the wrong order.

The answer for me is to reselect the Ascending Order (or whatever else you use) from the File List options which I think come under the overall Edit heading; but Bridge is on my other computer so I'm just going by memory now.

Real Name
    Richard

Hooray I found the problem by piggy-backing on Geoff's comments above!...

For some reason I had "Sort Manually" selected...

When I changed this to "Sort By Filename", everything went back to my original settings:

I wonder why this did not change when I selected revert to default settings?
    Last edited by rpcrowe; 29th January 2016 at 12:37 AM.