Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: After The Rain

After The Rain

Wel, it has been chucking it down here in the UK. I strongly expect that Donald's sporran will come back looking like a gerbil who has been in a water skiing accident. Here are a few from today after the rain ceased

After The Rain

After The Rain

Hose pipe ban!
    After The Rain

After The Rain

After The Rain

After The Rain

After The Rain
    Last edited by Wirefox; 21st July 2010 at 08:51 PM. Reason: Post wrong image

Re: After The Rain

Quote Originally Posted by Wirefox View Post
    After The Rain
    I like this, Steve. A good abstract shot.

Real Name
    Kit, aka Slimtla

Quote Originally Posted by Wirefox View Post
    After The Rain
    You have the gift of showing us just a little, but telling us so much more.

Real Name
    Wendy

Yup, What Kit said. I love these shots where you get to fill in the blanks. It's like a movie that can end any way you want, or a book that is open to interpertation. I don't always want to be told every little detail. This is nice and applies to all of the shots in this series, but the Cat Paws in particular.

Wendy

Real Name
    Dave Humphries :)

Quote Originally Posted by ScoutR View Post
    Yup, What Kit said. I love these shots where you get to fill in the blanks. It's like a movie that can end any way you want, or a book that is open to interpertation. I don't always want to be told every little detail. This is nice and applies to all of the shots in this series, but the Cat Paws in particular.
    What Wendy and Kit said - you don't have to see the cat's face to know what his/her expression will be - at least, not if you have ever lived with a cat!

Well done Steve,

I like this, Steve. A good abstract shot.
    My favourite too. The simplest subjects always seem to work best for me.

You have the gift of showing us just a little, but telling us so much more.
    Kit, Wendy and Dave, thank you for that. It means that I am starting to put across my own vision on what photographic imagery should strive to be. As human beings we love to be tantilised and we hate being treated as if we do not have the ability to use our own minds. Images that spell everything out for us become documentary and for me a night of watching "How its Made" on the 'I Wish I had Payed More Attention at School Channel' leaves me feeling like an adult trapped in a primary school chair. A bad analogy, but successful imagery will always leave the thinking to the viewer. The hand that leads us to our own reflection in a darkened room. Well not quite there with that but it would be no fun if it was easy.

Steve

Real Name
    Peter

Hi Steve,

I do enjoy the images. I have started a thread on the power triangles and I like the effect you have created in image 2. I think they create a great strength to a composition and here the minimalist approach works well.

Images 2, 4 & 6 are my favourites. There are also strong triangles at play in image 6.