Thread: Images for 70-210mm lens by Sigma?

Images for 70-210mm lens by Sigma?

I've seen a 70-210mm lens second hand for £16.99 but I cant seem to google images for 70-210mm lens. Can anyone send me a sample of what image's I could expect please?

The lens doesn't come with a lens cap, but has AF on it which I am assuming is auto focus.

Real Name
    Robert (ah prefer Boab) Smith

Re: Images for 70-210mm lens by Sigma?

There's a lot of Sigma versions of this lens. They're all good tae excellent. 70-210mm is like 135mm primes, hard tae make a bad one (though everyone has apocryphal tales about any lens).

http://www.pentaxforums.com/userrevi...f4-5-6-uc.html

Had this link in bookmarks but there's plenty of examples on the web. That lens featured is an old one. The AF lenses have newer examples.

For £17 ye can't go wrong and if ye don't like it, ye'll probably get yer money back,re-selling it.

Ps Seem tae remember that a lot of Canon digital bodies don't work with older Sigma AF. They were so popular that no-one was buying Canon's so Canon chipped their bodies tae stop Sigmas working.

If ye have a Canon, it's worth checking both camera and Sigma models for compatibility.
    Last edited by tao2; 23rd January 2016 at 05:24 PM.

I saw it in Cash converters, should I trust it?

Real Name
    Robin

Take your camera to CC and try it.

Real Name

Bought a couple of lenses and accessories from CC, invariably have been excellent quality. Ye can always buy it online use it for a week or so; if ye don't like it, send it back. No reason required...allegedly...

It needs a lens cap I forgot to mention, am I better buying one here instead?

Real Name

Quote Originally Posted by LouiseTopp View Post
    It needs a lens cap I forgot to mention, am I better buying one here instead?
    Hi Louise,

ye can do a search for an original cap, probably cost £5-10. Get a generic one on ebay, Chinese, Hong Kong, cost about £1-2. No-brainer. It'll take about 6-10 days tae arrive but it'll be freepost. Sometimes get them on Amazon as well but don't pay any more.

PS that lens is probably a push/pull - ye don't rotate tae zoom. Easy tae get used tae. Ah have two.

PPS Here's one on ebay, UK seller, £1.99 freepost, bit scratched but looks generally OK. Just needs a wee clean. Assuming your lens version is a 52mm(most are).

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ORIGINAL-S...YAAOSwx~JWE43y
    Last edited by tao2; 24th January 2016 at 12:16 PM.

Real Name
    William (call me Bill)

Quote Originally Posted by Black Pearl View Post
    Take your camera to CC and try it.
    +1.

There are older Sigma Lenses which are not compatible with modern DSLR's and which are NOT capable of being 're-chipped' for backwards compatibility in regard to ELECTRONIC APERTURE and AUTO FOCUS operations: these lenses will usually work at the maximum aperture and with manual focus.

However, (as an example when used with Canon DSLR's), if you (accidentally) select any aperture OTHER than the maximum aperture, the results will vary, including, but not limited to:

> the picture allowed to be made but it will be at the maximum aperture
    > no picture made and Error Code "99" Code, requiring a power "OFF" - power "ON"
    > no picture made and Error Code "99" and the mirror locked up, requiring a power "OFF"; battery removal; lens removal; battery reinsertion; power "ON" (to release the mirror); power "OFF"; lens adaption; power "ON"

I think you have a Pentax K-30 DSLR: I have no hands-on experience with the K-30, but the above errors are mentioned as an example only, because if you do try the lens, and if it is an old version which is not compatible with your camera and it seems to you as the lens has 'broken' your camera, it probably hasn't - so don't panic.

Just calmly turn your camera off, remove the lens and also the battery, put the battery back in turn the camera on and then off again and then put one of your own lenses on the camera and turn the camera on again and it all should work perfectly.

If the lens is really old and it has an APERTURE RING on it, then you will probably be able to adjust the aperture manually to use all apertures and you can also choose to use "stop down metering" if you want.

WW
    Last edited by William W; 27th January 2016 at 12:31 AM.