Page 1 of 133 1231151101 ... LastLast

Thread: New member posts: April 2014 to June 2020

Real Name
    Dave Humphries :)

New member posts: April 2014 to June 2020

This thread is an archive of posts extracted from the normal New Members Intro thread

This thread contains old introductions and has now been closed due to it's size.

The new introductions thread is here NEW MEMBER? Please Introduce Yourself Here
    Last edited by Dave Humphries; 11th September 2020 at 06:42 PM.

Re: NEW MEMBER? please introduce yourself here

Hi I am Brynja, living in Iceland. I have been taken photos, mostly landscapes and nature, for some years on point and shoot cameras. But in 2012 I bought an old Canon EOS 30 D and started to use manual mode and I enjoy that much better, but I have still a lot to learn in using that mode. I found CiC on my search for tutorials on the web and I look forward to join the group.

Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

Quote Originally Posted by Brynja View Post
    Hi I am Brynja, living in Iceland. I have been taken photos, mostly landscapes and nature, for some years on point and shoot cameras. But in 2012 I bought an old Canon EOS 30 D and started to use manual mode and I enjoy that much better, but I have still a lot to learn in using that mode. I found CiC on my search for tutorials on the web and I look forward to join the group.
    Hello Brynja, and welcome to the CiC forum. Thank you for joining. I hope you find it useful and enjoyable.

By the way - If you wish you can go to Edit Profile and put in your location, so that it appears in the sidebar alongside your message, just like mine beside this message. Then everybody knows where everybody else is.

Hi. My name is Carol. I am a novice to photography .I am looking forward to learning a lot. I like Australian landscape photography ,as I like to travel to the out back. Really I like to travel anywhere.Hope to learn as much as I can.

Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

Quote Originally Posted by ckayll View Post
    Hope to learn as much as I can.
    I hope that being part of CiC helps you to do that, Carol.

Thank you for deciding to join this forum. The idea behind the site is so that we can all learn from each other. So, there's no such thing as a dumb question on here and i hope you'll find there will always be lots of people ready, willing and able to answer any questions you may have.

If you ever need any help in getting images posted into your message, then please do read the helpful guide that walks you through how to do it. Click HERE to read the thread.

Something else you might find useful. Sometimes people are not sure about asking for comments and criticism on their images. This thread gives you some helpful advice and guidance about how to get the best feedback from fellow members.

I love photographing fashion and beauty. From studio and location shoots to behind the scenes reportage, I am fascinated with our quest for perfection and the roads that lead to it.
    On the other hand, I love documenting the world around me, with all it's "imperfections". Balancing the grit and the glam keeps me grounded in the present. I must admit, I get off on capturing those decisive moments and sharing them with the world.
    That's truly why I do this. It feels so good!

I share my San Rafael studio with Rodney, my invisible gold fish, and a very thirsty houseplant
    named Gunther. Together, we form "Pete's Rod and Gun Club" Yes... I just said that!

I take my work very seriously. The rest, not so much...

Real Name
    Steven

Hello all, I am Steven and live in the San Francisco Bay Area. I am new to Photography as well. I have a Nikon D3200 with an 18-55mm and a 55-200mm lenses. I haven't rally settled on a style of shooting yet. but I have been quite fond of night shots and Macro. I am trying to do portrait shots at this time. I love nature Photography. I welcome all advice and comments. Steven

Hello,

I'm Geepin. still very new in the world of photography and expected to learn more in near future. I love to shot macro and landscape. Thank you

Real Name
    Dave

I love photographing fashion and beauty.
    Hello Pete, and welcome to our community. I don't think we have too many fashion photographers around here, so I am looking forward to seeing some of your images. Lucky you, living in the Bay area - I think San Francisco is my favourite city

Could could do me a favour, and add your location to your settings, and perhaps Pete as your "real name". That way they will appear alongside all your posts - we are a friendly bunch and it's nice to know where everyone is in the world.

Dave

Real Name
    Dave

Hello all, I am Steven and live in the San Francisco Bay Area.
    Two new members from the Bay area in less than an hour. Spooky!

Hello Steven and welcome on board. If you want to learn about photography then you have come to the right place. Sounds like you have a wide range of interests, so when you are ready just ask away in the appropriate forum (just find the forum that seems best, we're not too fussy here about things like that).

If you haven't already, do look at the tutorials on the site. They are excellent, especially for someone new to photography. Also, have a read of Colin's "school of portraiture", starting here: School of Portraiture - Links to Lessons 1 through 8

Best regards,

Dave

Real Name
    Dave

I'm Geepin. still very new in the world of photography and expected to learn more in near future. I love to shot macro and landscape. Thank you
    Hello Geepin, and welcome to CiC. It would be nice to know a little bit more about you - perhaps you could update your profile as described here: Editing your profile..... This is a great place to share and learn.

Other than that, I look forward to hearing more from you in the forums.

Best regards,

Dave

Good evening, I'm Debsnaps and live in London near Kings Cross. I'm an amateur who particularly likes street photography in low light (dawn/dusk) but struggling to find my 'style'. I got fed up of carrying a big camera, all the kit, and deciding whether to take out my heavy camera bag or not. So, now using a Fuji Finepix X100 which fits into any bag I'm carrying and always to hand -- and takes great photos. Looking forward to being part of this community, getting feedback and learning some new tricks.
    Debsnaps.

Real Name
    Joel Umali

Hi everyone @ Cambridge Color... my name is Joel Umali, a resident in Dubai. I am just new in this world of photography. and just started learning about it. i love landscape / nature /architecture photography. so i am pursuing myself to learn more in these categories. i would love to have more suggestions from you guys for me to learn more and would love to read all your comments on any pictures that i will post here as i know this wil help me a lot to develop and learn more for you experience photographers.

I am using Canon camera.

Thank you guys! Hope to enjoy your company.... best regards.. Joel
    Last edited by joelumali; 18th April 2014 at 10:30 PM.

Real Name
    Joel Umali

Just taken today evening: the Business Bay Crossing Bridge in Dubai, United Arab Emirates
    Attached Images Attached Images

Real Name
    K. C. Sahoo

Hello ! Friends @ CiC. I am K. C. Sahoo from Jamshedpur, India. Now I have Canon DSLR 600D. I am beginer in this photography and going thru tutorials available at this site. I hope to learn from your experiance and knowledge. Have a nice time !!

Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

Quote Originally Posted by Debsnaps View Post
    Looking forward to being part of this community, getting feedback and learning some new tricks.
    And I hope you enjoy being part of CiC and, indeed, are able to increase your photographic knowledge and skills.

Call me old-fashioned, but I'd guess that Debsnaps is not your actual name. Therefore, so that you don't continue to get people asking you what your proper name is, because most us use that on here, you can go to Edit Profile (under 'Forum Actions' on the Menu Bar), or you can just press on 'Settings' on the menu bar right up at the top right of the window. Once there you can enter the name by which you wish to be addressed under 'Real Name'. Then it will appear underneath your Username in all your posts.

Great having you here.

Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

Quote Originally Posted by joelumali View Post
    Hi everyone @ Cambridge Color... my name is Joel Umali, a resident in Dubai. I am just new in this world of photography. and just started learning about it. i love landscape / nature /architecture photography. so i am pursuing myself to learn more in these categories. i would love to have more suggestions from you guys for me to learn more and would love to read all your comments on any pictures that i will post here as i know this wil help me a lot to develop and learn more for you experience photographers.

I am using Canon camera.

Thank you guys! Hope to enjoy your company.... best regards.. Joel
    Hello Joel and thank you fro deciding to join this forum.

I think you will find that people on here are always very willing to help other people by offering advice, commenting on pictures and answering any questions that you may post. This is very much an online learning community and I hope you find it helpful.

By the way - If you wish you can go to Edit Profile and put in your location, so that it appears in the sidebar alongside your message, just like mine beside this message. Then everybody knows where everybody else is.

Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

Quote Originally Posted by kcsahoo View Post
    Hello ! Friends @ CiC. I am K. C. Sahoo from Jamshedpur, India. Now I have Canon DSLR 600D. I am beginer in this photography and going thru tutorials available at this site. I hope to learn from your experiance and knowledge. Have a nice time !!
    Hello K C. Welcome to the CiC forum.

I look forward to seeing some of your images posted into the forum.

Real Name
    Ken

Hi guys.
    Just been introduced to CIC by a friend. I was tired and jaded with posting pics in other forums and seeing dozens of viewing of them and "zero" comments. Love me, hate me, just don't ignore me.. (perhaps they were that bad..!)
    Scanning through here it seems there are a lot of creative people with excellent ideas. Looking forward to constructive crits.

In the last couple of weeks I've switched from my old E500 Oly and lenses to a new D600 Nikon and wow, what a difference. I've been with Oly since about 1970 with a nice point and shoot film camera to the OM 1 and 2's. I loved the E500 (Old technology I know) but I didn't like the way they were going with their focus and cameras.

I feel good about where I'm at with the D600, using their Nikor 18-35 for my real estate biz and I know it's not ideal but I love the Nikor 28-300 with VR as a walkabout.

Looking forward to learning more and enjoying my hobby.

Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

Quote Originally Posted by Scouse View Post
    Hi guys.
    Just been introduced to CIC by a friend. I was tired and jaded with posting pics in other forums and seeing dozens of viewing of them and "zero" comments.
    Hello and welcome. Great to have you here.

I know that sometimes, even on here, when the traffic is heavy, soem posts seem to get missed. But I don't think that's ever out of a desire to ignore someone.

I'm very glad you have such discerning friends with obviously good taste! And I hope that the CiC forum lives up to expectations.

So that you don't continue to get people asking you what your proper name is, because most us use that on here, you can go to Edit Profile (under 'Forum Actions' on the Menu Bar), or you can just press on 'Settings' on the menu bar right up at the top right of the window. Once there you can enter the name by which you wish to be addressed under 'Real Name'. Then it will appear underneath your Username in all your posts. You can also enter your location so that it does the same, just as in my details alongside this message. Then we all know where everyone is in the world. Although I think your Username might be a clue?

Page 1 of 133 1231151101 ... LastLast