Page 3 of 133 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast

Thread: New member posts: April 2014 to June 2020

Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

Re: NEW MEMBER? please introduce yourself here

Quote Originally Posted by xfileammb View Post
    Hi, my name is Phoe Khar from Myanmar. New to photography and looking to learn.
    Hello and welcome to the forum. I hope you enjoy being involved and that you find it informative and helpful.

So that you don't continue to get people asking you what your proper name is, because most us use that on here, you can go to Edit Profile (under 'Forum Actions' on the Menu Bar), or you can just press on 'Settings' on the menu bar right up at the top right of the window. Once there you can enter the name by which you wish to be addressed under 'Real Name'. Then it will appear underneath your Username in all your posts. You can also enter your location so that it does the same, just as in my details alongside this message. Then we all know where everyone is in the world.

Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

Quote Originally Posted by Chrisselle View Post
    Hi! I'm Chrisselle, currently studying photography so I thought it was about time that I got to know some other photographers and came across this site when looking for some help with some course work.
    Chrisselle, it's a pleasure to welcome another Scots based person to CiC. Where are you studying?

Hopefully you will find this forum has a helpful source of information. There are lots of very experienced photographers on here who are always willing to share knowledge and experience. Please do jump in with your views, opinions, questions and, of course, images.

Real Name
    Jan griffin

Hello
    I'm Jan and I am quite new to photography. I use a Sony a450 and just love taking Photos. I have been a member of a club attatched to a photographic studio for about a year and have learned so much in that time. I can't say that I have any particular style at the moment and have so much to learn and understand about my camera so I don't take my photos too seriously, I just have fun.

Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

Quote Originally Posted by Fidgetyfemme View Post
    I can't say that I have any particular style at the moment
    And that's good. Don't go searching for it. Let it find you.

Great to have you here, Jan. Thanks for joining. I hope that being part of the forum adds to the learning you get in your club.

If you do have any questions, please just start up a thread and ask them.
    Last edited by Donald; 25th April 2014 at 05:41 AM.

hello,
    I am dhimas living in Parangtritis, Indonesia. I have been doing nature and landscape photography. I am here to learn some thing more about photography. Also to add a lot of friends.

New member posts: April 2014 to June 2020

Real Name
    Paul Windass

Hello. New to this site and hoping to learn. I have a Canon EOS 1000d and a couple of lenses, both Canon. I wold like a Canon EOS 700 next its on my Amazon wish list as well as the one of two other bits and bobs. I am just getting started in digital photography, and in the process of completing a course with The Shaw Academy online. This has really opened my eyes to a DSLR and photography. I think my wife will be a photographers widow, as I am out with my camera rather a lot lately.

Greetings from a new member,

I'm a bird & wildlife photographer from the Central Coast of California. I'm currently using a Canon SX50 HS to photograph my subjects. I'm looking forward to interacting with you! To view my photographs please refer to my profile page and select "Home Page" to access my website.

Kind regards,

Tony

Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

Quote Originally Posted by dhimsbugs View Post
    I am dhimas living in Parangtritis, Indonesia. I have been doing nature and landscape photography. I am here to learn some thing more about photography. Also to add a lot of friends. New member posts: April 2014 to June 2020
    Hello dhimas. Welcome to the CiC forum. I hope you enjoy being involved and that it does help your learning.

So that you don't continue to get people asking you what your proper name is, because most us use that on here, you can go to Edit Profile (under 'Forum Actions' on the Menu Bar), or you can just press on 'Settings' on the menu bar right up at the top right of the window. Once there you can enter the name by which you wish to be addressed under 'Real Name'. Then it will appear underneath your Username in all your posts. You can also enter your location so that it does the same, just as in my details alongside this message. Then we all know where everyone is in the world.

Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

Re: New member

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Windass View Post
    HI think my wife will be a photographers widow, ...
    Oh dear! Another one!

Hello Paul. Great to have you here. You don't say where you're from. If you wish, you can go to Edit Profile and put in your location, so that it appears in the sidebar alongside your message, just like mine beside this message. Then everybody knows where everybody else is.

Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Britton View Post
    Greetings from a new member,

I'm a bird & wildlife photographer from the Central Coast of California. I'm currently using a Canon SX50 HS to photograph my subjects. I'm looking forward to interacting with you! To view my photographs please refer to my profile page and select "Home Page" to access my website.

Kind regards,

Tony
    And a very warm welcome from an old one ............ in every sense of the word, unfortunately!

Thanks for joining, Tony. It's a pleasure to welcome you and I hope you find that being part of this forum is both enjoyable and useful.

Real Name
    norberto echague

Hello to everyone. New member here at CiC, and really new on digital photog. I've been shooting with my nikon d3100 before until I traded to d5100. Lately, been reading your posts guys & hope to learn soon. My work location here in KSA does not offer much needed exposure to actual shoot, but just happy on occasional clicks with my colleagues.

appreciate your warm welcome.

Nur

Real Name
    David

Hi, everyone! I have a D800, D7100 and an RX-100. My lens bank includes a Nikon 70-200 f/2.8, 24-70 f/2.8, 105G Micro f/2.8, 18-200 f/3.5, 50 f/1.8 and a 35 f/1.8. I have a TC-20 III. I began photography in the early 60's with a Petri f/2.8 and developed my own b&w film. I have been in DSLR for about a year. I'm from West Texas and I have a second home in Austin. I love to travel and I have been almost all over the world. I especially like Italy and specifically Florence and Milan. This summer, my family and I are going to London and Paris. I spend every Thanksgiving in New York and it's always wonderful. I really enjoy photography and I like to be around photographers. I have bad G.A.S. and I'm always looking for something different. I'm glad to be here.

Good Morning (Arizona, USA Sunday morning for me),

My profession is emergency medical services, public health and law, and I'm a Ufologist on the side. I'm trying to understand lens flare and why the artifacts or ghosts appear at an opposite distance and upside down (reversed) in relation to the light source causing the source. I'm not a photographer so I have much to learn. I've reviewed the tutorials and other online sources of lens flare (digital and analog cameras) but none speak to the artifacts/ghosts as I've described above.

Thank you,
    David

Real Name
    Dave

Hello to everyone. New member here at CiC, and really new on digital photog. I've been shooting with my nikon d3100 before until I traded to d5100. Lately, been reading your posts guys & hope to learn soon. My work location here in KSA does not offer much needed exposure to actual shoot, but just happy on occasional clicks with my colleagues.
    Hello Nur, and a warm welcome to CiC. Hope that you can find what you need here - don't forget the excellent tutorials as well as the posts. If you do have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask.

As you can see from the range of pictures posted here, it's possible to find shooting opportunities in most places, so I wish you happy clicking.

Dave

Real Name
    Dave

Hi, everyone! I have a D800, D7100 and an RX-100. My lens bank includes a Nikon 70-200 f/2.8, 24-70 f/2.8, 105G Micro f/2.8, 18-200 f/3.5, 50 f/1.8 and a 35 f/1.8. I have a TC-20 III. I began photography in the early 60's with a Petri f/2.8 and developed my own b&w film. I have been in DSLR for about a year.
    Hello David and welcome. That is an impressive pedigree you have, I'm hoping that you will be sharing some of your experience and images with us.

There are a fair few GAS sufferers here (not me, of course ), so I'm sure you'll find some like minds.

I love to travel, too, around 65 countries, I think (airport stops don't count!). Advancing years and infirmity are slowing me down a bit, but you have to do the best you can.

Best regards,

Dave

Real Name
    Dave

Good Morning (Arizona, USA Sunday morning for me)
    And a good afternoon to you from sunny (for once) England. I was just posting when your message popped up.

I've reviewed the tutorials and other online sources of lens flare (digital and analog cameras) but none speak to the artifacts/ghosts as I've described above.
    If you re-post your question in the General Photography sub-forum, I can think of a few regulars who will want to try and find you an answer.

This is a friendly place, and it would also be good if you could edit your profile to let everyone know whereabouts you are in world, and how you’d like to be known (in CiC terms your “real name”). To do that, you click Settings (right at top), then Edit Profile (on left) and put your first name in the Real Name field and where you are (roughly) in the Location field. That way, your details will appear alongside all of your posts.

Best wishes,

Dave

Hi. I really like to take pictures, especially of nature with natural lighting and taking pictures of people when they are not posing or expecting to capture life in a pure form.

Real Name
    Paul Windass

Hello.......I am a novice photographer just starting out. I currently have a Canon EOS 1000d but looing to upgrade to a 700d in the near future. I have completed an online course with the Shaw Academy and this has opened my eyes to photography as well as how to make best use of my camera. I will post photos in the near future and your feedback and constructive criticism will be appreciated.

Real Name
    Uwe

Hi everybody,

my name is Uwe Statz and I'm originally from Germany have been sailing for years and migrated to Australia in 1985 and living now in Sydney.
    Not too sure where I should start with my photography or where I like to go. In my younger years I shoot film and did my own B&W development. I have now used a DSLR for about 4 years bit still use 36mm film occasionally. I signed up for this site as I believe I can find very good tutorials, receive feedback on my pictures and hope to improve my digital photography skills. As a start I have posted my first picture in the April competition. (At least that is what I tried)
    Cheers Uwe

Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

Quote Originally Posted by cstarhatho View Post
    Hi. I really like to take pictures, especially of nature with natural lighting and taking pictures of people when they are not posing or expecting to capture life in a pure form.
    Well, you've found the right place if you want to learn and improve your knowledge and skills. Thank you for joining.

Page 3 of 133 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast