Thread: Treated Myself To A New Book - OnOne Software

Real Name
    Richard

Treated Myself To A New Book - OnOne Software

I do like hard copy books. I have a neat hanging book rack next to my ceramic library chair (in the lavatory) and love to have photo oriented books there to while away my otherwise wasted time.

This is my new book:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/032..._detailpages00
    Last edited by rpcrowe; 13th January 2016 at 03:09 PM.

Chesterfield, Missouri/Melbourne, Australia
    Real Name
    Izzie

Re: Treated Myself To A New Book - OnOne Software

Richard...you make me laugh...I thought I am among the few who has a library in my powder room...

northern Virginia suburb of Washington, DC

Quote Originally Posted by rpcrowe View Post
    my ceramic library chair (in the lavatory)
    You might want to consider replacing at least the seat with a padded version.

Real Name
    Grant

I don't know about the book, Richard, but the software is quite nice to use and their one line videos and tutorials very helpful.
    Grant

Real Name
    Dave

That's the problem with Kindle editions - they don't have the same re-purpose potential

Real Name
    Richard

Quote Originally Posted by davidedric View Post
    That's the problem with Kindle editions - they don't have the same re-purpose potential
    I've tried Kindle books my Chromebook but, it is just not as convenient as a paper and print book for that use...

Real Name
    John

Quote Originally Posted by rpcrowe View Post
    I've tried Kindle books my Chromebook but, it is just not as convenient as a paper and print book for that use...
    I have the same issue with youtube tutorials, I can now view them on my TV so that I can work along with them on my laptop. Prior to being able to access them on my TV; I'd have to view the tutorial then switch to the application to experiment with the software. I guess that's the same issue with Kindle books, especially those geared towards teaching; you want to be able to access the book and other essentials in a meaningful way.

Real Name
    Richard

I just love my Samsung Chromebook. I can access anything on the Internet such as tutorials or instructions and have my Chromebook open next to my computer.

Real Name
    Richard

I just received Nicole S. Young's book and really looks great. I am anxious to put it to use...

Real Name
    Izzie

Samsung Chromebook...can I ask if you can stick a 128GB SD card in it? I just saw it advertised at Best Buy for $199 for Chromebook 2. Kindle Fire is my latest iPad sort of, but it is just like an iPad, not a laptop. Is yours the 64 bit one? Can you load some programs with it like a laptop? E.g. Photoshop...just curious...

Real Name
    Richard

My Chromebook is the Samsung XE303C12. http://www.samsung.com/us/computer/c...XE303C12-A01US I purchased this refurbished for something like $139.00 (USD) from (I think) Groupon. This was an impulse purchase but, unlike some of my impulse purposes, it gets a lot of use and I am quite happy with it.

No, I don't load any programs on my Chromebook which is a double edged sword. However there are a lot of apps that can be used with the Chromebook. https://support.google.com/chromeboo.../1056325?hl=en

I use the Chromebook wherever I have a WiFi setup. I used cloud based apps. However my Chromebook has a pair of USB ports, one of these a USB-3.0 (I have a 16-GB USB 3.0 flash drive) as well as a small physical size but fairly large capacity external hard drive and a card reader. The Chromebook also has a card slot but I don't use it. It also has a 16-GB internal memory.

My use for the Chromebook is for surfing the web primarily. The good thing about Chromebook is that it seems to be impervious to Malware or viruses. It is very quick to operate and is linked to my Google account.

I am experimenting with using the Chromebook to transfer RAW files from my CF cards (via a card reader) to the external hard drive by making use of the two USB ports. I don't seem to need a WiFi connection for transferring files and at under 2.5 pounds in weight and .8 inches thick, the Chromebook is convenient to carry.

The Chromebook doesn't have a touch screen but, that doesn't bother me a bit.

The Chromebook has a very decent operating time on each charge and seems to charge quite quickly.

This would not replace my desktop computer system but is a great adjunct to that system It is really quite nice to have next to my desktop computer when I am viewing instructions or a YouTube video on a program that is operating on my desktop.

The new book I purchased follows along with the Nicolesy (Nicole S. Young) YouTube video, So I have both real time video instruction and a hard copy version. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QB_9vxwS570

The book, only goes up to the Version 7, so the video is an excellent adjunct.

Real Name
    Izzie

I think I will keep my laptop...I can also have my applications on it. Here at home I connect it to a Samsung 22" screen so if I have to follow a tutorial, I have the tutorial on one screen and my application on the other following it. My Kindle Fire is OK but I guess I will give it to Bill because I have a lot of room in my laptop to move images from my camera to it. Whenever I travel, I bring two little HDs anyway. I also have an iPad that I use for those quick search if I have to. My Kindle is completely useless -- it is a book reading type and I much rather prefer the touch of a real book. I guess I am old-fashion that way because I do not read fiction stuffs and I tend to write on my book. 'Fact Bill gave me a set of bookmark pens in my Christmas stocking because I like writing on books.

I do appreciate your detailed response. I did a search and I can't find the answer to the additional for extra storage facility. Thank you.