Thread: New Member

Real Name
    Connie

Hello, I'm a new member and my name is Connie. I live in Michigan just below the thumb. I just bought a Nikon CoolPix P610. Still learning the features and operation of the camera. I've joined this site to meet other photographers and to expand my knowledge on the many aspects of shooting a better photos.

Real Name
    Dave Humphries :)

Re: New Member

Hi Connie,

Quote Originally Posted by Oolong View Post
    Hello, I'm a new member and my name is Connie. I live in Michigan just below the thumb. I just bought a Nikon CoolPix P610. Still learning the features and operation of the camera. I've joined this site to meet other photographers and to expand my knowledge on the many aspects of shooting a better photos.
    Warm welcome to the CiC forums from me.

Could you do me a favour please?
    Could you click Settings (right at the top),
    then Edit Profile (on left)
    and put your first name (Connie) in the Real Name field
    and where you are (Michigan) in the Location field,
    then click the Save Changes button below and to right,
    this helps everyone give you more personal and relevant answers, even after we've lost track of this post - thanks.

What subjects are you enjoying shooting?

Cheers, Dave

Real Name
    Connie

Thank you Dave, I'll go to settings as you suggested and make the changes. I love to photograph anything in nature; especially birds in Michigan and Florida. How do I post photographs for critiques, and how do I meet other photographers like yourself? It took me three weeks to figure out where to introduce myself.

Chesterfield, Missouri/Melbourne, Australia
    Real Name
    Izzie

Welcome to CiC from way down Missouri...as for your questions...

How do I post photographs for critiques, and how do I meet other photographers like yourself?
    The thing to do when you logged in, is look for New Posts located at the very top of the forum bar...it the one underneath the Home link. There you will find an index of the newer postings for the day or week or something like that.

Click on one of the titles of the post. Look-see inside. Read the postings and comments and comment on the image yourself as you it/them. You will surely get noticed by commenting. It is a good experience. We do not talk much of personal lives around here and politics is certainly going to be shut off and that is what makes this site exciting...a few jokes here and there will show some truths and makes life more easier in the long run.

Post your shots too and many are willing and able to advise you on how to make them more pleasant to the eyes of your viewer.

Usually, at the bottom of the page or your message is the Post Quick Reply which is what I usually use. Click on that and start responding to a post.

Hope this helps.

Real Name
    Connie

Most helpful, thank you Izziek. Much appreciated, Connie 😊

Real Name

I love to photograph anything in nature; especially birds in Michigan and Florida.
    Ah yes, when I was actively shooting, I had a bias toward birds and animals.

As it happens, I have the Nikon P510, which is a predecessor to your Nikon P610.
    I found the AF on mine was rather too slow for me, because I was used to the performance of a DSLR, but I think the AF might be better on yours - I also see the P610 has a tilt/twist LCD screen, something else I'd find useful. I hope you're enjoying it.

All the best, Dave

Real Name
    Connie

Hi Dave, I just bought the P610 a couple months ago, so I'm learning what all it can do. Actually, i really wanted a Nikon P900, but couldn't seem to find a store or even online that had it in stock and no one could tell be when or if ever they could restock this camera. Nikon site apologized for not being able to keep up with the demands.i also have a LUMIX camera, fabulous for macro shooting. Why not actively shooting now? I hope not from ill health.

Real Name
    randy

Welcome to CiC, Connie. I lived in Michigan for many years and I know what a lovely place it can be.....It is time for the members here to learn that you need not go to the east coast to find beaches . I encourage you to post some shots, let the juices flow, if you get stuck....the members here love to get you unstuck.

Real Name
    Connie

Thank you for welcoming rtbaum. Yes, Michigan is a lovely place, and I'm one of those snowbirds; soon I'll be heading south. There is a bird rookery near where I stay, and it's a fabulous shooting opportunity: birds in their mating plumage and with their mating rituals, chicks, juveniles all you want if bird shooting. The gulf beaches are incredible too. I'm trying to figure out how to post photos, and creating and album. "Click Here To Upload Photos From Computer" seems not to work, even if tap the "Go Advave button. Any suggestions?

Chesterfield, Missouri/Melbourne, Australia
    Real Name
    Izzie

Thank you for welcoming rtbaum. Yes, Michigan is a lovely place, and I'm one of those snowbirds; soon I'll be heading south. There is a bird rookery near where I stay, and it's a fabulous shooting opportunity: birds in their mating plumage and with their mating rituals, chicks, juveniles all you want if bird shooting. The gulf beaches are incredible too. I'm trying to figure out how to post photos, and creating and album. "Click Here To Upload Photos From Computer" seems not to work, even if tap the "Go Advave button. Any suggestions?
    Mine works even in Post Quick Reply sometimes...when you want to post a photo, go at the top to look for Forum, choose where you want to upload a photo...for instance, you want to choose Nature and Architecture, click on that title, then at the top of the page, it says Post New Thread. Start your message, your intro or whatnots then when you are ready to attach an image, go to the bottom of the page and press Click Here to Upload Photos From Your Computer.

One thing you should not do is post your photo in someone else's post unless you are showing the person a correction to his/her shot. Posting your own image in your own post will get you noticed more...people here has more patience...if you make a mistake in the process, they will gently correct you...or move your post in the right place to get more noticed...and more responses. Does this help?

Real Name
    Connie

Thank you Izziek. Much appreciated, Connie

Real Name

Why not actively shooting now? I hope not from ill health.
    Kinda the opposite, I had a health issue in 2013, fully recovered and now schedule so much time exercising to keep fit (and weight down), that I seem to have lost the will to shoot much.

I tend to throw myself in to things, it used to be work and photography. Now it is exercise and CiC.

If I had a purpose to be shooting, I would.